First Son
1 posts

Re: Cut scene turns the screen black, then freezes.

Jun 23, 2013
It happen to me in more than one cut scene and once during gameplay. The game is awesome but the glitch is getting annoying!!
Message 31 of 68 (2,264 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Multiple glitching and freezing. Unplayable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAFSD_5bnh0

Message 32 of 68 (2,261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Some progress for me at the weekend!

Tried playing with subtitles on and lo and behold - the cutscene started fine. BUT then I turned the subtitles OFF and the scene got steadily glitchier until the sound played through at the right speed but the video basically got slower and slower until it locked up trying to catch up with the sound. Menus still worked at this point so I tried to skip the cutscene and that was when it finally completely locked up. I pressed the PS button in the hope I might get to the XMB but no. I ejected the disk (no hard reset) and the XMB came up which allowed me to quit the game. Reinserted the disk, put the subtitles back on and the cutscene played faultlessly and has continued to work fine through the rest of the game so far.

Message 33 of 68 (2,232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Will try that, thanks. Last time I played everything seemed fine for a while, but then sound efffects started disappearing!

Message 34 of 68 (2,205 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Turning subtitles on didn't change anything for me. Hope they can fix this soon.
Message 35 of 68 (2,196 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Everything seemed fine today until i got to a cutscene 47% through the game; goes black, ps3 freezes, crashes. Has done this twice in a row in exactly the same spot. *sigh*.

Message 36 of 68 (2,181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013
Spoiler
Spoiler
Ill bring Ellie into the elevator and while carrying her

Yeah the cut scene issue is more then just "Into the woods."  I am in the Hospital  (see spoiler) and it black screens then nothing.  Will sit there for hours and nothing happens. Stupid bugs in a awesome game makes the game, not so awesome.

Message 37 of 68 (2,164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 26, 2013
Thank you worked for me
Message 38 of 68 (2,153 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Same problem but it got worse for me.

Prolouge was skipping and freezing, the gameplay was smooth. I erased games from my hard drive. Didn't work. Cleaned disc drive with cleaner disc, didn't work. Cleaned PS3, worked slighlty better then stopped.  Erased everything  about Last of Us, saved data, patch everything. Got a black screen for the cut scene, then nothing at all. Game won't even start now. instead I get an error message 8001002b or 80010017. I can download the manuel but not the patch nor can I play the game. I have tested all my other games and they all play flawlessly. Right now I am exchanging the disc with Amazon for a new one. I hope it was a problem with that disc, if not please fix this!

Message 39 of 68 (2,111 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 3, 2013
I deleted the save data and started from scratch. Still get the black screen in the woods when you meet bill and it still freezes my ps3. *sigh* really frustrated with everything at this point. Would like to at least hear acknowledgement and some statement that sounds like the issue is being worked on.
Message 40 of 68 (1,990 Views)
0 Likes