Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
22 posts

Science Building 72%

Jan 19, 2014
IN the building just at the end of exploring the inside of it and you go to the door where you pass through the quarantine small hallway with the yellow spotlight stand, you come up to this door you open and its being blocked by an object, you supposed to rapidly press Square ( [] ) cute scene suddenly appears and game goes black and freezes, Tried multiple times to do this game. Lost one of my saves already from data corruption from the disc somehow; Tried rebuilding the file system, cleaned disc ect. Still nothing, every other game works and loads fine.. I'm stuck at 72% and I can't advance.. :l .. Funny how the auto save issue was somewhat addressed half a year ago but this issue is still arising til this very day.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 68 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Re: Cut scene turns the screen black, then freezes.

Feb 2, 2014
I ran into the "freezing after the elevator" problem yesterday.

I tried everything mentioned and it didnt work.. So i copied the save to my 2nd PS3 and tried it there with the same results (crashes).

On the way back to my primary PS3 i looked at the disk and found the outside edge was covered in fingerprints.

I cleaned it and tried again and it didn't freeze and i was able to finish the game.

I am wondering if the data for this cut-scene is on the outside edge of the disk? And the fingerprints may explain why only some people see this (perhaps those who took the disk in and out whilst playing the game through?

So if you have freezing at 99% see if the disk is clean!

I hope this helps someone.

Jon
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 68 (586 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 8, 2014

Hey everyone, i had this problem and now have it fixed.  DON'T go deleting all of your saved data, at least until you've tried everything, it's not worth it.  What worked for me was simply deleting old game data (saves and updates) from games i no longer play.  It might just be that the ps3 needs some free space because this completely fixed the problem for me.  

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 68 (399 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2014

For anybody who is still experiencing this issue I have somewhat of a solution. I have played through this game 4 times withought an issue and have beaten the game on survivor mode. I am playing this again for the grounded mode.

This solution is not for people who want to experience the cut scene, just for those who want to be able to get through the game. Basically when you get the black screen on the cutscene the only thing you can do is pause the game. When you do this press SKIP CUTSCENE. This will freeze the game and you wont be able to hit the PS button or do anything else with your game. You then want to eject your game. Once you do this the cutscene will be skipped and you should see the next section of the game right before you go back to the main PS3 Menu screen. When you reload the game and continue the story you will be passed the black screen cutscene.

This probably is not the best thing for your console but I do not know much about that stuff. I tried everything else that was suggested in this lobby and nothing worked. This is a quick solution and you do not need to delete anyting from your harddrive.

I believe that this happens randomly on cutscenes that transition to new chapters as it happened to me again while climbing over the ladder after the high school.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 68 (331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 25, 2014
What worked for me is

Wait until you think the cut scene is over

Press and hold the PS button in your controller till you Get to the small menu

Press on quit game

One it asks you jes or no press the circle button twice

Now your back in your game and it should work now :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 68 (242 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 3, 2014

My game also freezes on prolog cutscene. When i try skip it, it freezes the system. After a while the console makes few beeps and reboots.

Is there any support I could write to which might help resolve the issue?

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 68 (225 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 19, 2014

This is ridiculous!!! I just CANNOT get pass the warehouse scene - i tried waiting it out, running into Ellie (she will not move), turning off subtitles, skipping the cutscene and then ejecting the disc, repairing data of my ps, nothing works! I bought this ps3 from my colleague especially to play this game and I cannot play it any further?! It is RIDICULOUS. PLEASE HELP :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 68 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month
I've had the same thing! It began with Joel picking up de ladder to go up somewhere and a guy punched him and fell down. I have a fantastic solution for this black screens in cutscenes: Make a second account on your Playstation itself, then copy the data (auto-save) to your second account that you just made. Then delete all The Last OF Us data, don't worry you have de copies on you other account. All data and files must be erased for your mainly account with you want to play on. After that go to your second account and copy the files that you just copied there. Paste on your mainly account and start the game. As you get at the main menu, go to 'load game'. There should be your last save data! Click it and it should work. Don't delete your Game Utility because that will delete all games. This error of the game not starting after you deleted the update is with some numbers that I can't recall right now, but is starts with 800. Good luck! If you have more questions about this, email: netan.el@hotmail.com
PEACE!
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 68 (103 Views)
0 Likes