Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2013
By: irishsteve First Son 4 posts

Cutscene freezing? Going black? Try this, possible solution, and you don't need to delete anything!

9 replies 3524 views Edited Sep 19, 2013

I posted this as a reply elsewhere, but in case anyone needs help, I'm posting it as a new topic. I hope this helps you - it helped me after getting cutscenes freezing and going black!

The issue isn't necessarily your game - it's could be your PS3 config. I went into the video setup, and changed the HDMI output from 'Limited' to 'Complete' (it's on limited by default), and all my cutscenes now play perfectly, and as a bonus, the game loads MUCH quicker than before! Try it out, it worked for me!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (3,524 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Re: Cutscene freezing? Going black? Try this, possible solution, and you don't need to delete anythi

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2013

This worked for me but not only for this game but helped with all games plus made the game look better to.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (3,507 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Cutscene freezing? Going black? Try this, possible solution, and you don't need to delete anythi

Sep 23, 2013

i cant find this limited setting anywhere i went to display and system settings am i missing something?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (3,422 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 23, 2013

i found it im dumb

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (3,421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 21, 2013
I had the same problem. Once it started on one cut scene, it began with ALL cutscenes, even when trying to watch them as bonus material. Luckily I'd only had it a week when it started messing up, Went back to the store and got a new disc... Worked fine afterwards.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (3,206 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 15, 2014
I have been all though my video settings and I dont see this any where its doesn't say limited or have the option for complete that I seen at all
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (2,351 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 15, 2014

Actually is on Screen settings.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (2,332 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 2, 2014

plz.. help i cant find the option for limited to complete

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (2,103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 2, 2014

i haved check all option every thing but still cant find it

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (2,102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 3, 2014
I was experiencing major glitches. But this little fix has changed everything! The game load screen ACTUALLY loads! Where dialogue cut out, it's back! Where entire buildings had disappeared, they've returned!

I'm thinking that Naughty Dog don't realise this!

I was going to give up on the game. I had until I read this thread!

Thanks heaps man!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (2,080 Views)
0 Likes