Sep 05 2013
By: Magic_SnakE_ I Only Post Everything 1011 posts

Downed Players Sliding behind cover..

2 replies 117 views Edited Sep 5, 2013

Am I the only who finds that extremely annoying? Okay, so I get that if a dude in real life is running and gets gunned down and goes limp he will fall forward.  But too many times lately I've downed someone and they go flying behind cover that's a good distance away from them. 

Was this programmed in on purpose to give teams a chance to revive their fallen teammates? Or is it a glitch? Sorry if this has been asked before. I skimmed around and didn't say anything.

This is really the only complaint I have about the Multiplayer, aside from needing some new maps that is. 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Downed Players Sliding behind cover..

Sep 5, 2013

I'm fairly certain this is an issue of lag, connection differences between you and the guy you shot. He was in a different position on his screen than he was where you shot him on your screen. On his screen, he probably got shot while behind cover, thus the weird sliding animation all the way into cover on your screen.

I see this commonly on 1 - 2 bar players.

Message 2 of 3 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Re: Downed Players Sliding behind cover..

Sep 12, 2013
Yeah I agree with mazine, it's just some sort of lag compensation. As a sniper it can get annoying when someone literally just zooms into cover that's a good 5 metres away from them lol... Doesn't happen terribly often though.
Message 3 of 3 (74 Views)
0 Likes