Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Re: Download 3 Hours 14 Minutes 0.00%

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

Hugie_Boogie wrote:

Dear Zod

That is the lamest "pass the buck" I've heard in a while. Clearly the problem is something to do with the network or the code. How else could you explain a whole region i.e S.E Asia, with users from numerous countries with many differnt ISP's all having the same problem with only 1 game, yours.

You are indeed a very naughty dog and deserve a rolled up newspaper on the end of your nose for that comment. If you think you can bury the problem and steal peoples money by blaming it on ISP's then you sir are a mutt. How about admitting there is a problem, taking ownership and promising to leave no stone unturned until it's rectified. That, is called customer service.

I'm sorry if you think that is lame, but its the only answer I have for you at this time (and I am sure you would want an answer over not hearing anything). 

Considering this problem is localized to a specific region, and a user has already reported this working for them, I would suggest talking to your ISP first, then hitting me with a rolled up newspaper after. I was going by what this user has posted in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slBWrVjRi3c&feature=youtu.be

I have also contacted SCEAsia employees to give them a heads up about this issue.

Message 31 of 163 (673 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Dear Zod

Thank you for your quick response. Having read the detailed instructions on the youtube link it does indeed appear that you may be correct. I shall now call my ISP and see what they can do. This may mean I won't have internet for a while as they will need me to turn off my router. Either way I will get back to you with an update as soon as possible.

I apologise for threatening you with a newspaper and shall now go and sit in my basket.

Message 32 of 163 (645 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I looked at the video you are refering. if safe surf settings was the problem, then how come we are able to download the initial file and even download the version upgrade? if our ISP was blocking this, then it should not even allow to download the initial file.

doesnt make any sense.

I did try turning off the safe surf settings and it did not work. fyi....even a comment below the you tube video you are refering to also states that its not working.....

Message 33 of 163 (643 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 15, 2013

hugie boogie - you can turn off safe surf using your hub id in star hub. you dont have to call them. btw, it doesnt work for me :smileysad:

do let me know if it works for you.

Message 34 of 163 (641 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 15, 2013

http://safesurf.starhub.com 

this is where u turn it off

Message 35 of 163 (638 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

COOLSHABSus wrote:

I looked at the video you are refering. if safe surf settings was the problem, then how come we are able to download the initial file and even download the version upgrade? if our ISP was blocking this, then it should not even allow to download the initial file.

doesnt make any sense.

I did try turning off the safe surf settings and it did not work. fyi....even a comment below the you tube video you are refering to also states that its not working.....

It wouldnt make sense at first glance, but its possible that the ISP could be treating the downloads differently (the installer vs. the game data). Its also certainly possible that not all the ISP issues are the same though, so what might fix this for some people might not work for others. It's just something to try as we get to the heart of this issue.

Hugie, no worries! I'll continue looking into this and let you know when I hear back from SCEAsia PSN team members.

Message 36 of 163 (630 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Zod - hmmm, ok. Yes, you may have a point there where the files are not treated equal. I tried disabling safe search myself. didnt work. I have spoken to my ISP now and in one hour they have asked me to check again.

will let you know if it solves the problem. keeping my fingers crossed !!

Message 37 of 163 (616 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Its downloading now! Thanks a lot Zod!

Guys - its indeed a problem with our ISPs. In Singapore in case of star hub, you need to ask them to disable safe surf for your account.

Just a word of caution - when u call them up, they will ask you to log into your account and do it yourself online. I tried that first and it didnt work. Make sure you ask your ISP to do it in their system from their end and within one hour you should be able to download the game.

Good luck to all !

Message 38 of 163 (602 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 16, 2013

I played around with DMZ and port forwarding and got it unstuck from the 3 hours and 14 minutes, but now it just shows random times. 14 minutes, 16 hours, 2 hours, 60 minutes, etc. 

I'm in Korea btw and my ISP wasn't much of a help. Maybe what works in Singapore won't work in Korea, Thailand, etc.

Message 39 of 163 (593 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

Ok, I think I got it working by changing my MTU settings on the PS3 from manual to automatic. I mean it's downloading now. 5 hours, but at least the percentage numbers are changing. Now it says 8 hours but it is still downloading!!

Here is how to set the MTU to automatic: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectadvance.html

I also put the PS3 into the DMZ, enabled port forwarding, and disabled Port Scan and DoS Protection on my router, so I don't know if that did anything or not. I'm not going to touch anything now that it is working!

First I'd try just setting the MTU to automatic on the PS3 since that is the easiest. If that doesn't work try the rest on the things I did.

EDIT: 7 hours!!!! It's really downloading now!!!!! 6 hours and 30 miuntes!!!! Woohoo!!!

Now the time is at 5 hours and 30 minutes. It's really downloading at a good rate. Sorry for the updates but I am so excited that it is working! I hope it stays that way and doesn't get stuck at 99%! LOL

Message 40 of 163 (586 Views)
0 Likes