Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 04 2013
By: SWIRLY_7 First Son 6 posts

Factions game-breaking bug [With video proof]

7 replies 1344 views Edited Jul 4, 2013

Video of the bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSWFVnPMqjk

Whenever i leave the factions menu, quit the game or turn off my PS3, all of my factions data is lost.  I've tried getting around this; i left my PS3 on overnight in the factions menu only to have factions update and force me to restart (due to no players being on as everyone had been updated).

This is absolutely horrible to have to restart for no reason, i was managing fine with a (relitively) healthy clan of about 80.  I'd honestly love to use some of the equipment unlocked later in the game and not be stuck with unsilenced weapons and unupgraded perks.

This is a video, simply showing that factions data does not seem to be saved at all or make any attempts to do so.  My rank is compeltely reset to 0 and i'm given a new clan as opposed to my large clan in the middle of week 8.  

Many other people are also complaining about this so i don't even know why i'm bothering with it, but hopefully the video will do something.  I just want my platinum :smileysad:

Message 1 of 8 (1,344 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: Factions game-breaking bug [With video proof]

Jul 4, 2013
Hey I know how you feel. I've been getting this since June 15th. I've been messaging back and forth with Eric-ND (developer) trying to find the cause of the problem. I'm not sure if you messaging will help, but I don't think it can hurt.
Message 2 of 8 (1,335 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 4, 2013

Yeah, i've been noticing that many people are experiencing this.  I only started factions earlier this week as i got every tag and trophy for the single player first.  I'm now left with two unobtainable gold trophies.  I thought that the video would at least help if no-one else had done it by now.

If you find a solution or something please link it here :smileyhappy:

Message 3 of 8 (1,326 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Well the latest thing that I was asked to do to see if it would fix the problem didn't work, so I think you should message him. With more people telling him about their situations it'll be easier to find a commonality that could be causing this issue.
Message 4 of 8 (1,323 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 4, 2013

How would i go about messaging him?

Message 5 of 8 (1,314 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jul 4, 2013
You can message him on the forums. Try to search the name " Eric-ND ". I think that'll let you find his profile. From there find the send private message button.
Message 6 of 8 (1,311 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Jul 6, 2013
For others with this same bug I'd advise messaging the aforementioned dev.
Message 7 of 8 (1,285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Oct 6, 2013

Is there any progress on the bug?

Message 8 of 8 (1,243 Views)
0 Likes