Oct 08 2013
By: Joker6787 First Son 6 posts

Game Breaking Bug-Ranch and University

5 replies 1000 views Edited Oct 8, 2013

BUG:  Game has progressed without any trouble till I have gotten to the part when Tommy and Joel must find Ellie on horseback, I noticed right away sometimes script does not start and Tommy does not mention he sees tracks, sometimes he does see them.  Once I got passed the cabin in the woods and cleared the areaa, game becomes unplayable.  Everythiong turn white and it looks like Tommy and Joel are floating in the sky trying to get to the ranch.  Can not progress any further...everything is white it appears as both characters are on horses floating in the air.  Using version 1.3

System:  500 GB PS3 Slim (the Grand Theft Auto V bundle version)

Region:  North America (USA) Version 1.3

Workaround:  I deleted  the 1.3 patch and actually after the 18th try I managed to get to the ranch.  Was not able to get out as the script would not activate, other times I was not able to see Ellie's horse or pass the hurdle under the ranch sign as Tommy and Joel would not talk which means script would not start.  However, after 19th try by deleting the patch 1.3 I was able to complete the Ranch level and progress to the University.  However, once I got there I right away noticed familiar looking all white textures and missing floor on the ground and flickering.  Also, Ellie and Joel got teleported to stand on top of the horse and Ellie actually glitched herself inside Joel and you could only see her head inside his chest while he is standing on the saddle.  Rest of the level had white flickering, missing textures and was unplayable.  Tried to load again and restart, but the bug persists.

Notes:  Please help this game was the best I ever played and I have been a gamer for over 16 years.  I am 27 and this game might steal the crown from some of my favorites.  Help!  Also, my PS3 is less than 2 weeks old no other issues with games.  Cleaned the CD but it did not help.  Now the University level will not load at all but the bug started froom the Ranch level with unable to make way to the Ranch from the Cabin in the Woods as the structures were missing.  Thank you and please fix it.  I am dying to finish this wonderful game....Dissapointed Gamer!

Message 1 of 6 (1,000 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Game Breaking Bug-Ranch and University

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2013

No responses in two days?  Is anyone actually looking at this forum to iron out bugs or is this the last money I will ever provide to this developer?  Hello, anyone?

I have a nice frisbee now that I paid for...not good at all. 

Message 2 of 6 (974 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 11, 2013
I'm having the same exact issue. In the university, everything goes white. I also noticed the sound is gone too. Not all the sound, but most of it. And I can't view artifacts. I've tried deleting the game data, but it doesn't help.

I agree. This is GAME BREAKING.
Message 3 of 6 (960 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Oct 11, 2013

I have a feeling it might be associated with the firmware update which took place oN PSX about a week and a half ago.  Some of my friends complain that other games are affected too.  But you are totally right...GAME BREAKING there is nothing we can do to get around it.  BTW...if you get around the part next level crashes anyway...

Message 4 of 6 (953 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Oct 13, 2013
Found the fix. I play on the digital version, so I don't know if this will help you. I deleted the game data files. All of them. Not the save files. And then I deleted the game itself. Went back in to download history. Downloaded it again. It prompted me to install the newest patch first but after I installed the whole game I was able to hit "continue" with my original save. It now works perfectly.
Message 5 of 6 (944 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

Oct 15, 2013

Good job getting it to work.  I tried to delete everything but my saves a few times.  Unfortunately, I have a physical copy of the game and it did not help.  I even cleaned the disk to perfection, my PSX is almost brand new however it could be a possibility of a faulty lens although all other tested games work perfectly.  Really, I am running out of ideas I think I am going to give my game away to my friend since I can't play it.  When I hit continue or load the game it just hangs up on the loading screan.  Naughty Dog should give virtual copies to ones experiencing these problems and see if that fixes it, after all we already paid for physical ones.   Anyway, good luck to you this game is fun and hopefully you won't experience anymore "suprises."

Message 6 of 6 (929 Views)
0 Likes