Jan 26 2014
By: Jimmy_Chopblock First Son 7 posts

Game Doesn't Progress to Main Menu

[ Edited ]
8 replies 133 views Edited Jan 26, 2014

I just got this game and all it's done is install patch 1.05 and then sit on a black screen flashing an animated "the last of us" logo in the bottom right corner for literally hours now. 

I've tried letting it sit, I've tried resetting the console numerous times, i've deleted all The Last of Us data and let it re-installed the patch - but nothing.

For all intents and purposes it appears that Naughty Dog has sold me a disc that includes nothing but this flashing logo on it instead of the game that I paid them for.

How do I access the game that I just dropped all this cash on, that all of you people swear is supposedly an incredible game?  So far it looks like Naughty Dog just scammed me.

Message 1 of 9 (133 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: Game Doesn't Progress to Main Menu

Jan 26, 2014

After many hours I just checked the loading screen again and it's actually been flashing that stupid logo for so long that the console was warning me it was about to go into auto-shutdown due to inactivity.

Thanks a lot for stealing my money and selling me this fake game, Naughty Dog.  I used to like you and talk up your games, but now I realize you're nothing but scam artists and I'm sure as hell not bothering with a PS4 or any future titles at this point.  I just want my money back - the game is clearly a joke perpetuated by the internet as all that is on the disc is a black screen with blinking logo.

Message 2 of 9 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 26, 2014
And of course it appears Naughty Dog doesn't even support it's games either, on top of it all. This entire support forum is a graveyard of un-answered bug reports. Pathetic. Thanks for wasting my money and my night, **bleep**.
Message 3 of 9 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 26, 2014
BUMP - SUPPORT THE GAME. I PAID YOU MONEY YOU PROVIDE ME WITH A FUNCTIONING GAME THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.
Message 4 of 9 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 27, 2014

Do you have any other " Dual layer " disc games?  Final fantasy 13, Uncharted 3, Gran Turismo 6? It's most likley due to your PS3 not reading dual layer disc's anymore.

I was in the same boat as you. My 2 year old 120 gig slim no longer reads dual layer disc's so i borrowed my sisters 320 gig slim ( she only uses it for netflix ) And i was able to play through TLOU no problem not 1 freeze or glitch.

Message 5 of 9 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 27, 2014

All of those games work perfectly.  The only game that is not functional is this piece of **bleep** they pretended was a game.  Evidently it's merely a screen saver.

Message 6 of 9 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 27, 2014
WHERE IS NAUGHTY DOG SUPPORT FIX THIS **bleep** GAME I PAID YOU **bleep** MONEY FOR IT NOW GIVE ME A FUNCTIONAL **bleep** GAME.
Message 7 of 9 (97 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 27, 2014
I exchanged the disc for another copy and it STILL does not work. this is the ONLY game that does not work.

FIX THIS **bleep** GAME YOU DISGUSTING CON ARTISTS.
Message 8 of 9 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
34 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

Hey Jimmy_Chopblock, thanks for trying to delete the TLOU related data and testing on a seperate disc. I have a few troubleshooting things we could try. Before starting, could you please confirm which model of the PS3 you own, whether or not it is an original HDD, and which disc region you have (the spine of the cover lists a code 'XXXX-#####' (e.g. a US disc should read BCUS98174).

Also before we start, it will be important to back up any important data (save data, pictures, videos, etc.) that you might have on the HDD.

Message 9 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes