Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 16 2014
By: Mizchief25 First Son 1 posts

Game freezes before the main menu.

9 replies 396 views Edited Feb 16, 2014

So I went to play The Last of Us today.  I download the latest patch, 1.06, thinking that I shouldn't have any problems like I've had in the past.  Well I download the patch, install it, then  start the game up.  My screen goes black and then The Last of Us logo in the bottom right hand corner of the screen appears and just sits there.  Sure it flashes and goes blurry, but nothing happens.  I let it sit there "loading" for nearly 15 minutes and nothing.  The game was working just fine before.  I've tried everything that I can find off, forums, the internet and what my friends suggest.  Long story short, nothing.  Please, please someone give me an answer on how to fix this.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 10 (396 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Game freezes before the main menu.

Feb 16, 2014

Maybe you could try deleting the patch?

I mean, I wouldn't want to misinform you, but that seemed to work for me with another issue that I think could be related to the installation of said patch.

That is, unless you're trying to play Left Behind instead of the main game. If that's the case, then obviously deleting the patch won't let you play the DLC. Since I was playing the main game, deleting  the patch helped me because it  removed all of the Left Behind-related stuff which might have caused the problem, as well as the previous patches up to 1.05 (which could be another problem due to fixes of previously detected bugs).

I guess you could try that if you wish, or unfortunately wait until Naugthy Dog themselves address the issue.

Message 2 of 10 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

Hey,

I was having a similar problem where the game was freezing after the Warning screen. Try to delete the patch and then see if you can get in to the game. If you can, try installing the patch once you get the main menu. That seemed to fix my problem. If that doesn't work, try deleting your game data and the patch, then try getting into the game and reinstalling the patch/dlc once you are actually at the main menu screen.

Good luck

Message 3 of 10 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Even without the patch or any data related to Last of Us on my PS3 the game still took a PAINFUL amount of time loading the main menu...after managing to update to 1.06 I still can't play anything as the game won't load any chapters, they get stuck at 90.97% :smileysad:...haven't tried anything with Left Behind DLC because download hasn't finished yet.

Message 4 of 10 (362 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2014

I have the same Problem. I've tried to delete the patch, also a second download of the DLC doesn't work. Sometimes the game freezes before I can get to the menu, after choosing the left behind story-line. But mostly I have the problem, that the screen freezes by loading the Level. Either after waiting more than a half hour it doesn't finish loading.

At least I can't  find a similar problem with a working solution in other supporting communities. Did somebody fixed the problem in the meanwhile?

Best regards.

Message 5 of 10 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 18, 2014

Waited like half an hour after selecting Left behind (after long waiting times every step) only to get to the first cut scene without any audio at all, when I was able to play there was only background audio.

Haven't been able to fix anything :/ 

Message 6 of 10 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 20, 2014
Mine did the same thing. I deleted patch 1.06 and hit cancel every time it asks to upgrade. It loads the save games now without a problem. But the cut scenes are glitchy and loses video.
Message 7 of 10 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 21, 2014
I had the same issue, deleted all Last of Us data from PS3 and booted game up. Declined 1.06 update and got through to the main menu. From there, I went to the DLC tab and downloaded the Left Behind package from the game menu. This prompted a 1.06 update first and then the content started to download. It's working now, was a huge pain to get it running though.
Message 8 of 10 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 25, 2014

I have the same problem as well. I downloaded Left Behind a few days after it was released and installed the new patch but haven't been able to start the game even once. I've tried to delete game data, delete the patch, sign out of PSN etc nothing has been working. 

Has Naughty Dog commented this? Would be really nice with a fix. Kind of sucks paying for a game that won't even load :smileysad:

Message 9 of 10 (229 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 20, 2014

IVE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM FOR HOURS , i just deleted the patch on GAME DATA utility but when loading the story mode it somewhat a while to start , around 3-5 mins but tbh it was like that anyway , good luck with ur problems guys i know it sucks when ur  favouriteaint   working!!!!!!

Message 10 of 10 (129 Views)
0 Likes