Highlighted
Jun 14 2013
By: Bullet_Sponge55 First Son 3 posts

(Game stops working in prologue) Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

[ Edited ]
346 replies 6763 views Edited Jun 18, 2013

I just got my collectors edition and was super excited to play but when I started right out the gate characters were rubber banding around the screen and the audio was horribly out of sync. I continued playing for a little hoping it would resolve but it didn't then when Joel, his daughter, and the other man get into the car they just stand up in the cab and the game wont progess. Is anyone else having this problem, I'm really bummed out that it's this broken.

Edit: updated thread title to reflect content

U--J

Message 1 of 347 (6,763 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Re: Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jun 14, 2013

I am having the exact same issue, after a particularly long loading screen the opening cinematic was clippy, the game play itself seemed smooth (walking around as the daughter). But shortly after the character models bounce around and seem to revert to their default standing position. When the two male characters do this in the car the game cannot progress.( You can still look around and everything but the car doesn't move there is no dialog.) I hope to get an answer that isn't my console is overheating because that's obviously not the case.

Message 2 of 347 (6,739 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I had the same thing. Right when i was on the road leaving the house all the characters kinda crouched and slid across the screen. When i tried to re-load, after the naughty dog splash screen it just sits there on a black screen. I have let it go for 20 mins so far after i restarted the ps3

Message 3 of 347 (6,721 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

Exact same issue as TazzoMenace, characters bounce a little every here and there and when i get to the car part about to leave the house, the 2 male characters bug trough the roof of the car and just get stuck there, not allowing the game to move forward...this is seriously gamebreaking as it stops us from playing the actual game....come on now...

Message 4 of 347 (6,684 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jun 14, 2013
i'm suffering from similar problems. This makes the game completely unplayable and happens quite often... if they don't fix this I'm going to try and get a refund :/
Message 5 of 347 (6,667 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I have the same problem,at first the game would just hang on a blackscreen right bfore stating the the game intro - trying agian manay many many times sometimes the intro will start, I can hear the audio and then the video appears later after and it super laggy / unwatchable and moves a few frames every 5 secs or so..

Man this really sucks, I was so pumped to get this game today and I cant even get back the intro....

Message 6 of 347 (6,639 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I wonder what coul be causing it tho, Obisidian.
I just cant play it because it wont go trough that car part, which happens at the first 5 minutes of the game....its....sad...
Message 7 of 347 (6,637 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Try delete the game data file then get the updates again  maybe that will help? Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 347 (6,635 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I already have many times

Message 9 of 347 (6,609 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Have tried everything I can on my own to fix it short of reformatting the playstation. I have done all of the repairs available through safe mode. Deleted the game data, my save data, I doubt its my disk seeing as there are several others with similar issues.

Message 10 of 347 (6,588 Views)
0 Likes