Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
8 posts

Re: Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jun 15, 2013

I did manage to find a way around these annoying bugs, but it's very time consuming. In order to stop these issues from occurring you MUST manually save every 2 mins or less. I know this sounds stupid, but so far stopping to save every other minute or so has allowed for the auto save notice to come up, stay there for a minute or two, finally disappear, then allow you to save. You do not have to save every time, but just getting to the save screen then choosing not to save and returning to the pause menu did the trick. This has allowed me to get up to the point where you have the first gun fight. So far the cut scenes seem to play ok, it’s just the in game engine stuff which seems to cause major issues. If you are having trouble, try saving even more often than stated during the hectic areas e.g. running into the bar at the beginning of the prologue. This method will allow you to avoid these bugs (at the cost of a huge amount of time spent saving). Let me know if you have any success :smileyhappy:

Message 91 of 347 (605 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

Before you judge please understand I'm not some 17 year old with all the time in the world. I'm 37 years old and I own and operate my own business. I don't have time to beta test software, I'm sorry but my time is very precious. I cleared my entire schedule to play this game this weekend, I had it scheduled since they announced the release date.

I could have went to the cottage or gone to Montreal (I'm from T.O.) instead I thought I would spend this weekend playing a great game I have been looking forward for years.  Thank you ND for ruining my weekend.

Message 92 of 347 (584 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Euro_Thunder wrote:

Before you judge please understand I'm not some 17 year old with all the time in the world. I'm 37 years old and I own and operate my own business. I don't have time to beta test software, I'm sorry but my time is very precious. I cleared my entire schedule to play this game this weekend, I had it scheduled since they announced the release date.

I could have went to the cottage or gone to Montreal (I'm from T.O.) instead I thought I would spend this weekend playing a great game I have been looking forward for years.  Thank you ND for ruining my weekend.

We're all disappointed and many of us have responsibilities and jobs we have to tend to as well. That doesn't change the point that **bleep** happens and unexpected bugs like this happen. You run a business, yeah? There are times when you don't always get an order right, or something happens that's unexpected and causes your entire day to lag behind. I'm sure those things happen in your business.

Coding is not easy, and many times it seems like it should be predictable but it isn't always so. I'm not a computer science major, but I have taken a few classes in coding C++ and HTML. I plan on learning Java soon, and I have never gotten past making simple programs for a class to demonstrate ability, but that takes time and effort and rarely, if ever, works the first time as you wanted it to, as shown here with the autosave patch that was needed. That took about 12 hours to fix, but I would guess that such a bug was far easier of a fix than this one, especially since they knew the root cause of the bug. This is clearly not as cut and dry.

Give them time and information, not rude words and anger. The prior will help the work move faster, the latter just puts everyone down.

Message 93 of 347 (672 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

If we are talking about a PC game or MMO then I totally agree but this is a extremely hyped console game. They only have to test it on one piece of hardware, this is just unacceptable.

Honestly in the 25+ years I have been gaming I don't think there has ever been a console game I couldn't play on release, ever.

Message 94 of 347 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

Euro_Thunder wrote:

Honestly in the 25+ years I have been gaming I don't think there has ever been a console game I couldn't play on release, ever.

Same here.. Not a single one. Think that's why I'm so gosh dang-it flabbergasted at this release. Jaw-droppingly flabbergasted.

(Swearing keeps getting bleeped. Must. Use. Old. Cussing)

Message 95 of 347 (646 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Same problem here, models floating in the car, girl having fun on back seat and no gaming for me...

it's frustrating, i was in the midnight launch of this game in a local store, i was the first to get in to the store when it opens, and now here i am, no playing in the weekend...

system restore, format, with or without patch, pausing the game, nothing works...

same media worked on other PS3 systems that i tested, including in the store, where i went to exchange for another game, but even with other BR disc the same problem ocurred in exactly the same place...

well, all i can do now is watch the UFC and hope that tomorrow morning we'll have a fix...

PS3 Slim, 160gb, brazilian version of the game (BRhue!)

Message 96 of 347 (859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: Seemingly Broken Game...Cannot get past first 5 minutes of Prologue

Jun 16, 2013

well that is good to know but i do not have money to be buying 2 copies of a game that should have worked perfectly the first time , ND should fix the problem or send everyone a new copy

Message 97 of 347 (672 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 16, 2013
Hey just an update on mine. Fully switch3d off the ps at the wall. Left it 8 hours tried again this morning same issue. Removed game data again and reinstalleced same issue hanging on the load screen. Don't know if the rubber banding is still happening as game is not loading at all now
Message 98 of 347 (837 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Hello fellow frustrated gamers, I just wanted to let you guys know I was able to get 25% into the game with the pausing method. Cutscenes are still very unenjoyable (immersion is completely gone thusfar). But now I feel obligated to keep playing the game like this, gameplay seems to work ok, the occasional strangle animation gets messed up. I don't want my money to go to waste or the time I spent looking forward to this game, but I anticipate the ND team writing this off as a "hardware issue" and we will not see a fix, as a gamer and a consumer I am very unhappy.

Message 99 of 347 (785 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Im having a issue very similar but it didnt happen right at the start. I am playing on disc version and managed to get 3 hours into the game and my 80 gb ps3 from 2008 starts gets very loud after a minute or two of gameplay. After this my ps3 crashes and gets the flashing red light indicating overheating. No other games I currently own are doing this so it is not my console but something with the disc itself. 

Message 100 of 347 (782 Views)
0 Likes