Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Re: (Game stops working in prologue) Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jul 1, 2013
I also had the Ps3 with 60gb Hd from 2007.
I changed him by following instructions on the forum. The game crashes anyway.
Nyarly the problem is not HD. Do not change it! It 'sa problem that must solve Sw ND in synergy with Sony.
Message 251 of 347 (453 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: (Game stops working in prologue) Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jul 1, 2013
Hey, I've had the same problems, and I've been following this thread since its creation. I ordered a new HDD late last week (I posted about it a few pages back in this thread); a Seagate 80GB 5400rpm one. It was the cheapest replacement I could find. Like most people mentioned; it completely solved my problems. I thought I'd go out of my way to reply to your message because I feel that it's going to confuse a lot of readers. A new HDD did fix the problems.
Message 252 of 347 (426 Views)
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

I can't play this game for more than five minutes either. My ps3 is in a good spot, I vaccumed and sprayed compressed air, so it's not dirty. I've used a giant fan positioned onto my console. It is cold when it shuts down, after five minutes. I wish they'd release a fix.

I should mention that this is a new 500gb HDD as well, so that isn't the issue.

Message 253 of 347 (532 Views)
First Son
3 posts

The Last of Us keep Crashing

Jul 1, 2013

Hi Guys...

Sorry if this another thread, but I try to find the correct thread to post this..

My Last of Us game keep crashing and it not even start yet, it crash during the prologue. First I thought is a disc problem, and I change it to the store, and the second disc giving me the same problem

I try to deleted all of my memory (totally formatting my PS3), and still did not work.

Please if you have an explanation for this problem...

I also try to play my PS3 with other game, and it seem to be normal...

Hope you fix something soon...

Message 254 of 347 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Ill second that especially as the new PS4 will be coming soon..

Message 255 of 347 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Jul 1, 2013

I recommend getting a replacement disc before spending money on a new hard drive. I'm so glad I waited for the replacement disc before ordering a hard drive as I think that's what did it for me in the end. I've finished the game with barely any issues.

The one thing I noticed on the faulty disc I had was that I had to download the manuel just to be able to get "press start" on the menu screen with the broken window background. Before I downloaded the manuel it just showed the screen with the window and the music and no matter how many times I pressed the start button nothing happened. It was only after pressing every freaking button on my controller that I was able to start the game. Then when I was having issues with the opening scene I had to restart and still could not access the "press start" message until after I downloaded the manuel. I deleted everything from the faulty disc off my PS3 and when the replacement disc arrived I was able to access "press start" without downloading the manuel and I played the entire game without downloading the manuel. I wonder if anyone notice the same thing with their game.

I just cannot believe that this many people have dirty or damaged PS3 HDs. Something is wrong here and the devs really need to find out what is wrong with the game and offer a real fix on this issue.

Message 256 of 347 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Re: Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

There's one thing you can do no guarantees but I had to do it for another game and it helped. Take the disk and a flash light in a dark room and clean the crap out of it. I was totally suspires how dirty a brand new disk is and you can't tell by looking at it normally. If this dose not help. I'm not sure what elites we can do because I have had this issue before on my old PS3 and my new one with a different game.

Message 257 of 347 (482 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Cutscene glitches..

Jul 2, 2013

The game doesn't freeze when you skip, it just takes forever to load.  I'm having this problem too and one time I let it sit while I took a nap to see what it would do, I woke up to the next part of the game and Joel just standing there.  Only problem is you'd have to play with no cutscenes which makes the game super confusing and not as fun.  Not sure where the problem comes from though so if any one figures it out that would be awesome.  Hoping for a patch in the near future.

Message 258 of 347 (383 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Cutscene glitches..

Jul 2, 2013

Alright, so i deleted the game data and reinstalled the updates and I no longer have the problem (for now) so I'd try that if you haven't already.  (Incase you have never deleted game data before you can find in in the game column of the xmb titled "game data" ,duh lol, but this will not affect your progress so no worries).

Message 259 of 347 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Re: Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jul 2, 2013

Has nothing to do the disc. Do not we continue to confuse players and developers (if they are watching the discussion ..) Smiley Wink 

Message 260 of 347 (413 Views)