First Son
2 posts

Re: Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jun 15, 2013

I was able to get mine working, but i had to delete the save game, the profile, and the update and install from my ps3. After starting from scratch i have been good for the past 3 hours

Message 41 of 347 (911 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Pausing the game periodically once I notice the characters bouncing around seems to help, although this is not an acceptable solution and ruins any immersion the game may have.

Message 42 of 347 (838 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jun 15, 2013
After deleting and reinstalling everything, I got the intro to work fine (got past the car scene with the 2 guys and girl in the back). Then after the intro, the sound started stuttering on the credits and the next cut scene (man and woman talking) kept stuttering like it did on the first section on the first install. Now characters are walking around like cardboard cutouts on popsicle sticks. You miss the excitement on the street while following the woman. (you can hear what is happening but not see it due to just watching characters hover around.
Message 43 of 347 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Well after it glitched on that second part, now the first part is messed up again. I have now deleted everything multiple times and cannot even get past the first section again. You can tell immediately if it will work or not as the first screen with the window and white drapes has a hitch in the sound. The cut scene with the girl waking up on the couch hitches every few seconds and game is toast.
Message 44 of 347 (813 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Anyone found a fix yet..?

Message 45 of 347 (785 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I was able to get past the infamous car part by pausing right before it happened and gave it a minute or so to "load". Although the character "bouncing" and cutscene lagging has been prevalent throughout gameplay thusfar.

Message 46 of 347 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11393 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I've been playing for about an hour now, and the game has been very running smoothly. I tried deleting the game and save data a few times which didn't help, but I also took apart my PS3 and cleaned it out. I'm guessing that's what finally did the trick. My disc drive stopped making the clicking noise that it was constantly making when I tried playing earlier, and I haven't encountered any other problems so far. Hopefully it won't do it again.

Obviously taking your PS3 apart isn't really an ideal fix, but if it's out of warranty and you've never cleaned it out, it's probably a good idea to do so.

Message 47 of 347 (751 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Phil0s0pher555 wrote:

I've been playing for about an hour now, and the game has been very running smoothly. I tried deleting the game and save data a few times which didn't help, but I also took apart my PS3 and cleaned it out. I'm guessing that's what finally did the trick. My disc drive stopped making the clicking noise that it was constantly making when I tried playing earlier, and I haven't encountered any other problems so far. Hopefully it won't do it again.

Obviously taking your PS3 apart isn't really an ideal fix, but if it's out of warranty and you've never cleaned it out, it's probably a good idea to do so.

I have a feeling this is what I'm going to have to do..  Fat 80gb ps3 that's never been opened up.  

---
Message 48 of 347 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
11393 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Boogat wrote:

I have a feeling this is what I'm going to have to do..  Fat 80gb ps3 that's never been opened up.  

Yeah, it's probably a good idea to do that regardless.

Mine's a 160gb slim that I got a little over two years ago. I just cleaned it out a few weeks ago, but I decided I should probably do it again to see if it would help fix this. Though I did delete my data again as soon as I turned it back on, so it might have just been a coincidence.

Message 49 of 347 (741 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Seemingly Broken Game...Cannot get past first 5 minutes of Prologue

Jun 15, 2013

I purchased Last of Us yesterday and still have yet to play the game. When I first began playing it, the audio and video would occasionally skip and clip, but I ignored it thinking as the game went on it would clear. Then 5 minutes into the Prologue, after Tommy, Joel, and Sarah enter the Jeep, Tommy turns the car on and suddenly Tommy and Joel are standing in the middle of the vehicle. The game is unplayable from there. Sarah is still capable of looking around the vehicle but the game is essentially frozen. I restarted the game and the same issued occurred. I deleted the utility data and the save data and it occurred again. I went so far as to return to Gamestop and have them exchange the disc but the error still occurred in the same area. I then contacted Sony support and we ran through the gamete of trouble shooting to the extent of reformatting my PS3 and it still occurred. I wasted an entire day trying to remedy the situation.

This glitch is not a result of the autosave and I know I'm not the only one experiencing it although I've only seen this same glitch on 1 or 2 random forums. Is this something that's going to be fixed in an update or am I one of the unlucky few to have wasted my money?

Message 50 of 347 (776 Views)
0 Likes