First Son
3 posts

Re: Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jun 15, 2013
SPOILER ALLERT!!!
ok some more info for nd. Last time i froze when the girl ...euh is supposed to cut the rope, she kept cutting nothing else happended. Had to turn my ps3 off oncemore... Please fix this cause i really want to continue this very nice game!!!
Message 61 of 347 (821 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I am getting this issue to. However mine is happening at the end of the highschool chapter where a vehicle is involved too. The characters rubber band and there is a visible jolt in the character driving then rubber banding starts. The system then dies and reboots fully. It then hangs on the load screen backing the game.

Message 62 of 347 (819 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Ok now i managed to get past where i had to reboot...WWWOOOOWWWW. seems l am ok for now...keep u updated, anything to help you guys fix this so the whole world can enjoy this to the full
Message 63 of 347 (804 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

I have the same GAME BREAKING issue..

When I first started playing I got pass the car ride without any problems.  After a while I got to downtown where you have to go up to a ledge to enter a building but inside of the building was gone, when I entered the building I was walking on air it's like the level didn't fully load.  I also would like to add it didn't play the cut scene when I opened the gate to downtown, screen went black but I could still hear them.

I restarted the game from the start because I couldn't progress any further, that's when I saw the same problems in the car with the models floating away and such. 

First I would like to say a BIG F YOU to Naughty Dog because of your incompetence I have since FORMATED my PS3 meaning I have lost everything only to find out that didn't help either, the game still gave me the same problems. 

I then loaded up a bunch of other games including uncharted 3 which all work great, it's not my PS3 which btw is only about 6 months old and only gets played about once a week.

Message 64 of 347 (794 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I have already started taking video off all the issues which I will post on You tube warning everyone about these problems.
Message 65 of 347 (762 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
610 posts

Game stops working in Prologue

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

I can replicate the issue in its entirety every time I load the game. 

During the Prologue when the three characters get into the car we never leave the driveway of the house. The two men will stand straight up through the car and the game stops progressing.

I can still look and move around the car as if all were normal but nothing happens from that point.

I have the 120GB Slim system

I can replicate this from clean installs on both the PSN and Retail Disc versions

I've tried deleting the game data multiple times

I've tried formatting the system

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated to get this one sorted out.

Message 66 of 347 (763 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 15, 2013

The problem I'm having with this is some textures not loading, or sections not loading at all (when you return to the village after taking Joel and that woman there at the beginning), no people were there.  

I also ran into problems where Joel levitated throught he top of the truck during the prologue, and the vocal would go in and out at certain points.  I am glad it isn't my PS3 because I'm not the only one reporting problems.

Message 67 of 347 (857 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

@Boogat - don't bother. i did the same thing along with resetting the ps3 to factory settings and nothing worked, waste of time. i think it has to do with the game, just gotta wait for a patch..

Message 68 of 347 (844 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I hope they patch it soon.  I almost felt like buying the digital download to just play it, but that version could be afflicted with the same problem.

"The rest is silence..."
-Hamlet

Get your Portable ID!
Message 69 of 347 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 15, 2013
BTW I have a RETAIL copy from EB games! Anyone with a digital version having these problems?
Message 70 of 347 (812 Views)
0 Likes