Sackboy
610 posts

Re: Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jun 15, 2013

I can replicate the issue in its entirety every time I load the game. 

During the Prologue when the three characters get into the car we never leave the driveway of the house. The two men will stand straight up through the car and the game stops progressing.

I can still look and move around the car as if all were normal but nothing happens from that point.

I have the 120GB Slim system

I can replicate this from clean installs on both the PSN and Retail Disc versions

I've tried deleting the game data multiple times

I've tried formatting the system

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated to get this one sorted out.

Message 71 of 347 (749 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

Euro_Thunder wrote:

First I would like to say a BIG F YOU to Naughty Dog because of your incompetence I have since FORMATED my PS3 meaning I have lost everything only to find out that didn't help either, the game still gave me the same problems. 

Being hostile to the people who are trying to fix the issue isn't going to help anyone. They are clearly acknowledging that this bug exists and are doing their best to figure out what the problem is and how to solve it. Patience is clearly the best virtue in this case and a video for the devs would be actually helpful if you aren't hostile towards them.

Message 72 of 347 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 15, 2013

vimontauclair wrote:

Euro_Thunder wrote:

First I would like to say a BIG F YOU to Naughty Dog because of your incompetence I have since FORMATED my PS3 meaning I have lost everything only to find out that didn't help either, the game still gave me the same problems. 

Being hostile to the people who are trying to fix the issue isn't going to help anyone. They are clearly acknowledging that this bug exists and are doing their best to figure out what the problem is and how to solve it. Patience is clearly the best virtue in this case and a video for the devs would be actually helpful if you aren't hostile towards them.

I don't disagree with you at all. But it's all really frustrating. Honestly, I've never ever experienced a console game that wouldn't at least run, and that's dating back to the very first Nintendo back in the 80s. I've tried tons of PC games that have done stuff like this.

I understand peoples frustration. Console games aren't cheap and you expect them to work instantly. We're not talking about a PC which can have numerous hardware configurations. We're talking a console game. And a console game which is exclusively made for running on the PS3, which really puzzles me.

Message 73 of 347 (733 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

Laetus26 wrote:

vimontauclair wrote:

Euro_Thunder wrote:

I don't disagree with you at all. But it's all really frustrating. Honestly, I've never ever experienced a console game that wouldn't at least run, and that's dating back to the very first Nintendo back in the 80s. I've tried tons of PC games that have done stuff like this.

I understand peoples frustration. Console games aren't cheap and you expect them to work instantly. We're not talking about a PC which can have numerous hardware configurations. We're talking a console game. And a console game which is exclusively made for running on the PS3, which really puzzles me.

I understand the frustration as well. Unfortunately some errors could be machine related, and it will take some time sorting through all the feedback and infomation. People have already exhibited patience and its very much appreciated.

Message 74 of 347 (728 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Laetus26 wrote:

vimontauclair wrote:

Euro_Thunder wrote:

I understand it's frustrating. I paid 80 dollars for this game and I can't get past the **bleep** intro. Hell, I barely get out of the house and the car pops in and out of existence and then I can hang around in the back seat while Dad and friend stand through the jeep modeling for me. Which is cool and all, but the neighbor just tried to eat us and I'd like to get the hell out of dodge.

I know your pain, I feel it whole heartedly. At least I have a comic book and a lot of pretty art! But yelling and screaming isn't going to fix things- patience and working with the devs however, will. The only thing I really want to know is what the devs DO know other than it could be machine related. But if that's all that they do know that's what they know.

Message 75 of 347 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 15, 2013

As long as you can assure me that you're working your butts off, then I'm satisfied for the time being. Got Uncharted 3 to keep me occupied for some time.

Message 76 of 347 (719 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Oh, might not be of any help at all, but I can't escape the feeling, that a lot would be fixed if the disc version was installable.

Message 77 of 347 (915 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Re: Seemingly Broken Game...Cannot get past first 5 minutes of Prologue

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

Hello TopDollar,

This could not be a random bug but something that could be related to the system itself. However it doesnt mean that all systems will be impacted by the same issue, or in the same way.

Do you have acess to another PS3 that you can try the disc on?

Message 78 of 347 (786 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2048 posts

Re: Game stops working in Prologue

Jun 15, 2013

Knarfenstein wrote:

I can replicate the issue in its entirety every time I load the game. 

During the Prologue when the three characters get into the car we never leave the driveway of the house. The two men will stand straight up through the car and the game stops progressing.

I can still look and move around the car as if all were normal but nothing happens from that point.

I have the 120GB Slim system

I can replicate this from clean installs on both the PSN and Retail Disc versions

I've tried deleting the game data multiple times

I've tried formatting the system

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated to get this one sorted out.

hello and sorry for this problem.

its possible this could be related to HDD performance, but I am still looking into it.

Could you try pausing the game and letting it load for up to 30 seconds before you get to the bugged area?

Thanks!

Message 79 of 347 (690 Views)
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 16, 2013

Checking in with this issue as well, but having some success pushing forward by taking the advice of someone in the thread and pausing every time it looks like the characters are going to start flickering about. Not an amazing fix but happy to be making some headway into the game. 

Edit: Just pointing out - I actually wiped all my save games a few times (getting stuck in the car) before I commenced operation 'pause all the time' if that helps anyone. 

Message 80 of 347 (893 Views)
0 Likes