Jun 27 2013
By: Stikklebrik First Son 2 posts

Hospital lift cut scene crashing

14 replies 1889 views Edited Jun 27, 2013
Hi,
I've looked through the forum posts but haven't seen this pop up, apologies if I missed it though.
I've reached 99% of the game and get in the lift with Ellie. The movie shows me hitting the button and going down but as soon as the doors open my PS3 freezes and ultimately crashes when I try to skip the movie to the point that I have to take the power cable out.
I've tried re loading, restarting and also leaving it and coming back.

It's not an overheating issue as it will happen every time no matter how little or long I've been using the ps3 for.

Does anyone have any ideas please as it's stopping me from finishing the game.

Thanks
Message 1 of 15 (1,889 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Hospital lift cut scene crashing

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

hey body,

I have a similar problem, when I enter under the bridge to go to the hospital and I started the fighting with the monsters underground my game is freezed, but the music not. I only can turned off the system and restart it, but the same thing happens...

Help please...

Message 2 of 15 (1,882 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 27, 2013
I think mine is slightly different as its not during gameplay and you cannot hear or see anything
Message 3 of 15 (1,876 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 29, 2013

i am currently having the same issue,as it has appened throughout most of the games cutscenes the gamelocks up or the cutscene freezes with sound still going im using a 320 gig slim refurbished because uncharted 3 wouldnt play as im a plus subscriber with warranty which im pretty sure ill be replacing the replacement cuz of a new naughty dog game lol

Message 4 of 15 (1,860 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 29, 2013

ii bought two copies ofthe gamee one from ebgames the other from amazon shouldnt have sold one dammit  i currently use the eb games copy as the amazon copy would freeze at the wiods escaping  with bill used the eb games copy seemed to besolved sold the amazon copy  to my cuz who has a 160 gig slim offline plyed the story withhout a hitch i was like **bleep** i didnt freeze atthe woodss but i get to the hospital now it wont  stopglitching freezing stuttering not loading restarting my ps3 its **bleep**ed right at the end the cutscene takes 5 mins to loas the playys for a second then freezes  but the audio keeps going  as im waiting for it now typing  on a ps vitagetting **bleep**

Message 5 of 15 (1,858 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

I had exactly the same problem.  After a couple of PS3 restarts I ended up creating a new profile and copying over the saved data from my main profile.  It worked straight away after that.

Message 6 of 15 (1,807 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 12, 2013

I think it is still an airspace issue.  Perhaps try removing the 1.02 patch and/or disabling internet connection, then loading the game.  I found that after waiting an hour, the citizens finally skips, but then when you go to save/load, the automating problem is occurring that was evident prior to 1.02,

I'm otherwise lost on this, hopefully they will sort it out with another patch, just leave your save game until they sort it out I guess. I know, frustrating right?

Message 7 of 15 (1,792 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 21, 2013
Same problem followed pedros advice but no joy. Really frustrating such a good game.
Message 8 of 15 (1,757 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 21, 2013
Actually tried skipping video and it worked
Message 9 of 15 (1,754 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts