Sep 25 2013
By: Damovader First Son 2 posts

Last Of Us Load/Save Game Bug

10 replies 525 views Edited Sep 25, 2013

Hi Guys

Just bought TLOF (September 2013), downloaded latest patch and played through for a few hours.

My Autosave seems okay (I know this was a common bug previously) but I can't LOAD a MANUALLY saved game.

Tried a few suggestions I read on various forums; restarted game, disconnected from internet, deleted game data, but no luck.

Any suggestions/fixes/helful threads?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Re: Last Of Us Load/Save Game Bug

Sep 26, 2013
What happens exactly when you try to load a manually saved game?
Message 2 of 11 (503 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 27, 2013

A good example is the first real encounter with the infected (clicker and 4 runners).

I fought through this encounter a number of times but no matter how far I got into it, manually saving throughout, if i died, or if I attempted to load the last manually saved game, I would appear back at the autosave point (where you drop down on the right near a pipe).

Later As I entered the Subway station, if I was killed, regardless of when, where I was or how often I manually saved, I would respawn at what must be the most recent standard autosave point.

Message 3 of 11 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
674 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Manual saves don't work that way. Saving doesn't mean you continue at the exact location where you saved and left. It always continues at the last checkpoint.

Only a few games like Skyrim and Fallout allow you to save your exact location and continue from there the next time and those are huge open world RPGs. Just stay alive and continue. The checkpoints are numerous and generously scattered.
Message 4 of 11 (490 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 12, 2013

What is the point of doing a manual save if you are taken back to last auto savepoint anyway.  I have read 100 of posts that have said "be sure to manually save frequently". Can you explain in a little more detail?

Message 5 of 11 (403 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Naughty Dog: Create a patch for 'The Last of Us' that fixes or addresses the bug that is causing the first generation Playstation 3 (20/60/80gb) models to auto-shutdown mid-game (blinking red light crash).

Message 6 of 11 (386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 8, 2014

This is exactly what i am experiecing right now. I am at the first encounter as you say, and if i die or load, i am back at the point when i am dropped down just as you are as well.

Problem when searching for a fix is the amount of spoilers. I have as well as many others not played beyond this, so i am hoping to be able to find a fix for this without knowing what comes next.

I have been reading that it´s just to restart the game and that it should be fixed by now, but that is not true since the problem still exist! So...is there any new way or fix to be able to get that autosave to stop ruining everything?

The only other way as i see it is to keep playing, and when dying just getting thrown back to an autosave and push on. Problem is that by playing in that way the experience will most certainly be more or less 95% less enjoyeble.

Message 7 of 11 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 8, 2014

It's supposed to work that way. You can save when being in an "encounter" (meaning a ceratin situation you have to get through) but it will still save at the last checkpoint (at the beginning of that encounter) you've been too, and will restart at that checkpoint when loading/dying. The game would be way too easy if you could just save after each enemy you kill.

If you die a lot, restart the encounter and try a new approach / tactic.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 8 of 11 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Ok..but what then is manual save for? When do you use a manual save if all is based on autosaved locations?

Message 9 of 11 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 8, 2014

Also...if that´s how it´s supposed to be, why do these tips exist?

As we saw upon the game's launch, there was an autosave bug that cost some players a lot of progress. Sony says that Naughty Dog has fixed the problem, but all the same, it's probably a good idea to manually save your progress from time to time.

Message 10 of 11 (247 Views)
0 Likes