First Son
1 posts

Re: Loading screen issues. PS3 freezes

Jul 3, 2013

Hi @ all,

MAYBE i found the solution to all the bugs/glitches...

I was one of those, who couldnt play the game... not even for 1 minute...

Tried everything, delete harddisk, delete every game data etc... my loading screen was alway black, i didnt even come to the prologue.

what worked for me:

1. Delete all game data of the last of us

2. start the game, and wait until you get to the screen, where it gives you the information, that a new patch is available

3. STAY THERE AND PRESS NOTHING.... until the HDD LED is stop blinking...

4. when youre sure the HDD LED isnt blinking anymore, install the patch...

This worked for me, i played the prologue without bugs/glitches... No Black loading screen anymore...

Sorry for my bad english, but i hope i could help you:smileyhappy:

Message 191 of 236 (1,097 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 4, 2013
Its strange but the bug wont occur if you dont use the flashlight!
Found this solution on YouTube!
Message 192 of 236 (967 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Jul 4, 2013

It 's true! No bugs for me if I do not use the torch!
Now we have to get to the hotel lobby to see if it crashes when I try to overcome the hotel lobby!

Message 193 of 236 (967 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 6, 2013
Just as an update, with the rubber banding/no dialogue/no loading bug, I got a new disc from Amazon finally and it worked. Could load my save, could play through to the end, and can now load the University multiplayer map which also stopped working for me (and anyone I was in the match with) for the last week or so. It seems the problem was definitely with my disc, which was a Survival Edition black label disc, and the replacement was a normal edition disc with the nature-overrun-ruins label.
Message 194 of 236 (825 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
84 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Same prob here. Here's the "solution". Erase your game data (doesn't need to be the save data). Then when you go to play it will ask you to update to 1.02. Don't (hit circle to cancel). Woila! Now you can play single player. Unfortunately multiplayer doesn't work. I had the same probs you did before and now they are gone. After I beat the game (i'm close) I will try the update again and see what happens. Seems like the chapter in the woods caused it. Oh and i'm on a PS3 slim too 160 gb...
Message 195 of 236 (737 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Please dudes, STOP posting "solutions" Our consoles, HDD, and Data are all OK.

This is a ND, Sony, or whatever problem not ours, I will not erase, replace or fu*** anything in my PS3 just because they don't know how to make firmwares or whatever is happening here.

And don't blame me if I'm wrong, since Playstation and ND aren't saying a sh*** I can figure out whatever I want... Or they can just explain us what the hell is happening or, at least, if they are looking for a solution!!!!!!!!!

3 days since I bought it and still haven't played 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!! FU**** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 196 of 236 (731 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 8, 2013

nailhole wrote:

Please dudes, STOP posting "solutions" Our consoles, HDD, and Data are all OK.

This is a ND, Sony, or whatever problem not ours, I will not erase, replace or fu*** anything in my PS3 

You're right I should've put a disclaimer on it, nobody should dot it as the official or advisable way to make the game work again, but I still think we should inform others what worked for us, in case they're equally as impatient as we are.

Message 197 of 236 (711 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Any word on a fix for this? I've tried deleting the game data several times but cannot load my saved game at all. I'm 13 hours in and really don't want to have to restart the whole thing... maybe to only run into the same problem.

Message 198 of 236 (895 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 11, 2013

This sucks!

I had heard of these issues a few days ago and it finally happened to me.
The game started lagging during the first horse riding scene. Then the games clipping got turned off, so I switched the game off. When I went to switch it on again, it would just get stuck while loading to menu.
I then tried one of the solutions stated above (deleting the patch and reinstalling) and the game worked for about 2 hours, then during the first minute of the 'Winter' area  it started lagging severely again. I saved and went to the main menu where it crashed while looking at unlocked art. I kept doing the 'delete method' but now it won't even start the game, and sometimes it won't even read the disc. When it DOES read the disc, it just black screens and I have to pull the plug on the game coz the reset button wont work. I **bleep** hope they find a solution for this, coz none of us paid good money for this crap!

Message 199 of 236 (843 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 13, 2013

I have the digital download, which I have seen zero posts about.  But I am running a 160 gb slim, I can't even load the prolouge.  Just sits at "Loading 0.00%"  I seriously want to play the game, but it's extrememly hard when I can't even get it to load. 

I would appreciate a reply as to why this isn't fixed.  Not everyone who has this issue can be a hardware failure, so don't put it all on that.

Message 200 of 236 (737 Views)
0 Likes