Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 01 2013
By: killzoneftw75 Splicer 66 posts

Multiplayer Connection Issues (cannot join party)

[ Edited ]
10 replies 545 views Edited Jul 2, 2013

Almost everytime I try to enter the multiplayer, I get "Error connecting to authentication server" and twice now I've been disconnected from the servers(to the main menu) during matchmaking. Even worse, sometimes the loading bar when you are connecting will freeze, and the only way to exit the connecting screen is by shutting off the PS3.

Edit:Updated title to reflect content

U--J

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (545 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

error connecting to authentication server

Jun 21, 2013

i have been facing these problem 'error connecting to authentication server ' since i bought the game when i try to join the factions mode please help me:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (867 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: error connecting to authentication server

Jun 27, 2013
I just recently started having this problem
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (786 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

MP Bug since the latest patch (unable to join party, game glitching out...)

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013

So lately after the latest update, my friends and I played our first game for that night and  when I got shot, my corpse went to the ground like usual but it wouldn't let me die (officially).  I was basically staring at my dead corpse (not downed, it was after being executed) for almost the entire match.

Then after that match, I found out I couldn't connect to another friend's party (it keeps kicking me out), so we had another friend host the both of us to party it up.  But we realized that we couldn't chat to each other, only to our other friend.

It's very frustrating.  I try to see if I can mute/unmute my friend that I couldn't chat and it wasn't possible to do so, nor can he join my party as he keeps getting kicked out as well.

It's very odd.. I was wondering if anyone else had the same experiences?

(with the corpse glitching, the game d/cing, friends that can't be chatted or partied/hosted).

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (580 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: MP Bug since the latest patch (unable to join party, game glitching out...)

Jun 30, 2013
I have also experienced similar issues and yes it is very odd. In essence the game just doesn't recognize you as a player in the game all of a sudden out of nowhere. It is funny though when your friend is letting you know your getting shot at by somebody and you can't see him/her and he/she can't shoot you.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (554 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: error connecting to authentication server

Jul 1, 2013
bump, same issue and can't find anything...
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (572 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: MP Bug since the latest patch (unable to join party, game glitching out...)

Jul 1, 2013
So apparently last night, it fixed itself with the mic situation, but sometimes I get separated from my party at the start of very few matches (as my team proceeds to seek me out and kill me as a traitor).

One thing I did change was the MTU (Set to 1500) in the network settings, I remember seeing it somewhere but I forgot, but maybe it's a solution?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

FIX THE MULTIPLAYER

Jul 1, 2013

I just got a mission in multiplayer and when the level,weapon was chosen it started to load then black screen and after the black screen the game should start but NO.The game ended after the loading and i got 0 supplies and a lot of minus (sick and hungry).The second loading i entered a mach where it was about to end ( 03:05 )  .It was impossible to achive the mission goals and i lost a lot of allies..... FIX IT PLEASE !!!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (558 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Anyone else stuck on a black screen after a match ends, or after a round ends in Survivors mode?

Jul 2, 2013

This has been happening to me too many times by now.. It was happening on Survivors mode to me quite a bit when a round would end - the black screen where it transitions from one round to the next was never going away. But then after the patch I didn't have it again, until now in Supply Raid it happened when a match ended, and for no reason. Also, I was playing just now, and the screen went black while I was actively playing. Just no display all of a sudden as I was moving in the map. I could still access the in-game XMB at all of these instances, but that isn't any good because the PS3 would still do the 3-beep thing if I try to quit or shut down. Am I the only one? 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Parties take 15-20 minutes to find a game. Serious gamebreaker.

Jul 2, 2013

After the patch it is really broken with parties, it can take anywhere from 10-25 minutes before we end up in a game. It's a redicioulus long time trying to get a game together.

We can be 2 players or a full 4 player partie, doesent matter.

What we found out that in some cases work is that everybody in our partie quit to main menu, pick Factions again and rejoin and search for a game, this can lower the wait to 5-10 minutes sometimes.

We also have tried switching the party leader, sometimes it takes less time but many times it's around 15 minute wait.

We talked about filming this to show the developers but i believe they already know this.

The matchmaking really have to be improved, i want to play with my friends, this is one of the best games to incorporate real teamwork(if not the best) and i want to do this with friends, not randome people that run around the map like headless chickens.

I bought the collectors edition, the season pack and i hope you guys fix this soon, because it's really annoying.

Original thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Searching-for-close-game-waiting-f...

Canon 1Ds
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (535 Views)
0 Likes