Jun 14 2013
By: RyukDG I Only Post Everything 938 posts

Official - Autosave not working is a big Problem, ND! [Untested fix here]

[ Edited ]
42 replies 1785 views Edited Jun 14, 2013

Hi,

Recorded this for you'll to see:

Please fix this guys. I need to be able to play it sometime again without having to keep my PS3 turned on. Its a 2010 model and I'm scared that it'd overheat and burn up anytime. I need for it to function till the PS4 comes in! :-/

This seems to start at certain points in the game and then fix itself (yesterday) but then there was a patch that released and that messed it up further. Sup guys? Please patch!

Fix, they say:

'The last of us' How to remove that AUTO SAVE! FIRSTLY go to main menu select new game then select any difficulty, SECONDLY select New Save Data then select Circle, it will show Do you want to cancel the save operation select YES, THIRDLY the game will ask you do you want to disable 'Auto Save' select YES! then LASTLY the game will start from the beginning and you have successfully remove the auto save I LOST 3 HOURS GAMEPLAY however I figure this out and it did work auto save has been remove TC

THE WORKING FIX: Play Offline, sign out of PSN.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Message 1 of 43 (1,785 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Re: Autosave not working is a big Problem, ND!

Jun 14, 2013
What's embarassing is this wasn't happening pre-patch

Took them 1 day to start screwing up the game
Message 2 of 43 (1,774 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013

100% agree with you. I just put about 4 hours into it and only 2 hours counted.. Y'all need to fix this ASAP!!!!

Message 3 of 43 (1,771 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Same here too it seems. i think im gonna wait a couple of weeks or even a month before playing it. and hopefully by then they have fixed all the problems(not implying that there are more of them,but there might aswell be).

Message 4 of 43 (1,716 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Developers at NAUGHTY DOG... FIX THIS BUG ASAP!!!!!! i Like the game and just found out that i need to play 2 hours all over again..

FIX this!!!!!!

Message 5 of 43 (1,674 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Yeah this has happened to me twice now. Game froze after throwing a Molotov, so I just rebooted and discovered the last save point was when I was under the bridge. Second time I noticed I was in the subway station Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 43 (1,620 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I cant believe they haven't commented on this issue yet, let alone fixed it. Hopefully we will get some kind of consolation like some free DLC because this is terrible. Its a shame because the game itself is incredible.

Message 7 of 43 (1,605 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Agree this is stupid. How come review copies were allright and we have this problem.

Message 8 of 43 (1,588 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Is there no one at ND that follows their own forum threads then? Can't believe such a massive **bleep** up is going without response from them. I've just lost two hours of gaming myself and am not very happy. Common ND, get your act together and start communicating with your customers.
Message 9 of 43 (1,492 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I did not realise this was a problem until after playing the game for 3hrs, then pressed start to save whilst I go pick up my daughter from school. Yet the autosave wouldnt stop saying please wait, then could not even scroll down to save game to save myself. 

Then I was informed on facebook this has been a problem for many, after going out of my way to go into town which costs me a fortune on the bus, then buy the game which was £42, I also bought the season pass which is another £16 and an extra download code for £2. To come home to find that after playing the game and enjoying what I have played so far, if I turn this game off I am going to have to start all the way from the beginning again!!! Annoyed is not the word right now, and yet no one from naughty dog has replied to any of the posts others users have already posted in regards to this problem. 

Naughty Dog, you are really letting your fans down right now. Something so simple as to not be able to save game progress.....Really????

Message 10 of 43 (1,429 Views)