Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 18 2013
By: McGuetta First Son 10 posts

Oh. My. God - movies corrupting game.

[ Edited ]
3 replies 143 views Edited Oct 18, 2013

Guys. I wrote a comment on here with and Eric Monacelli responded saying to post specifics here.

Well, I wasn't going to. Until now. I just got to the VERY END of Survivor+ ... I'm talking about handling Ellie with Joel reaching down to grab her for the final cut scene and that cut scene corrupted my entire game and now I'm back to the Prologue. I can't describe my sadness, pain and anger right now. :-(

This has been going on since the first day I bought the game. I've tried everything; I took the game back to get a replacement and it still happened. Basically, on certain cutscenes it would crash out with the disc making a chugging sound and it eventually crashing the whole PS3. Now, I managed to get past it on Easy and Easy+ by just trying over and over again. I went through Normal, Normal+, Hard and Hard+ with it being fine. Now on Survivor it messed up right at the end like it did just now but I managed to get through it by persisting.

Now on Survivor+ I was so freaked out when it did it again on the elevator scene I skipped the movie to get past. Then it happened at that scene with Ellie as described above and now it corrupted my save so I am literally back to square one. I'll have to complete Survivor and then Survivor+ AGAIN!

I'm so in love with this game when I swapped the disc and that didn't solve it I actually bought a whole new hard drive for my PS3 as I thought maybe that was it. And it did solve it for a bit as described but this has happened on Survivor and +.

Now, Monacelli said it could be a hard drive issue but I've changed it. Guys, please can you help me? I really don't mind playing it again (as I've already played it over and over and not gotten bored) but all I want is to get my very first Platinium trophy and I can't believe I was *THAT* close. But I won't play it all the way through for that to happen again.

:-(

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (143 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Re: Oh. My. God - movies corrupting game.

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2013
:-(
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (133 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Oct 19, 2013
Bad discs are everywhere! I have one (total of two as I returned the first) and we are not alone.

Bad disc for PSN card exchange conducted out of game retailers across the land for the win!!

We want our money back!!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
27 posts

Nov 6, 2013

McGuetta wrote:

[...] it corrupted my save so I am literally back to square one. I'll have to complete Survivor and then Survivor+ AGAIN!

Ouch! Sorry to hear this. Could you detail the messages you see after booting to the main menu?

Hopefully, you won't need to start from scratch and can instead revert to a previous save file, or use chapter select to restart the final chapter.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)
0 Likes