Oct 21 2013
By: txgtnfs Lombax Warrior 149 posts

PS3 freezing when playing Multiplayer

16 replies 843 views Edited Oct 21, 2013

Yesterday I was playing mp. First freeze was during interrogation match on Bookstore map, and second was during supply raid match on University map.

My console is PAL FAT 80GB with 320GB HDD. At first I thought my PS3 is gonna YLOD soon. And I decided to do stress test with GTA IV and RE6. I played this games about 6 hours straight, both online and offline - not a single freeze (phew Smiley Happy

So I'm thinking it's something wrong with DLC or Patch or Firmware needs update.

Message 1 of 17 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
486 posts

Re: PS3 freezing when playing Multiplayer

Oct 21, 2013

Only played 4 or 5 DLC match and while it's not much i have not encountered any freeze issue.

But as far as stress test goes, from my playtime with TLOU and other recent games, TLOU definitively is harder on the hardware, even more old hardware.

Message 2 of 17 (820 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Oct 21, 2013
From my experience of mp, I get a freeze ever so often, but only after I have lost lost connection to host. Is this what happened,?
Message 3 of 17 (813 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Oct 21, 2013

PhillyK87 wrote:
From my experience of mp, I get a freeze ever so often, but only after I have lost lost connection to host. Is this what happened,?

Not sure. After I lost connection to the host I usually can see the message "lost connection to host" or "you were kicked from the game" and it never freezes after that.

Message 4 of 17 (792 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
494 posts

Oct 21, 2013
My Ps3 may freeze once a week. Usually it's on a weekend night after I've had the system on for a good 5 hours.
I don't think it's overheating, it stands straight up and has great ventilation.
After 15 minutes and a smoke break, I turn it on and it's all good until the next weekend lol.
Unbiased to which game is played also.

How long had the console been on before it froze for you?
Message 5 of 17 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Oct 21, 2013

DOPESTSOLDIER wrote:
My Ps3 may freeze once a week. Usually it's on a weekend night after I've had the system on for a good 5 hours.
I don't think it's overheating, it stands straight up and has great ventilation.
After 15 minutes and a smoke break, I turn it on and it's all good until the next weekend lol.
Unbiased to which game is played also.

How long had the console been on before it froze for you?

Not long. A couple of hours.

Message 6 of 17 (773 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
494 posts

Oct 21, 2013
If it only froze twice on ya like that, maybe it was a fluke. I'd try to play again and see if the problem persists.
Message 7 of 17 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 22, 2013

DOPESTSOLDIER wrote:
If it only froze twice on ya like that, maybe it was a fluke.

Maybe. No freezes since then.

Edit: Moved from TloU Multiplayer

-Stage_Coach

Message 8 of 17 (753 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

I freeze at least two times daily. Also its not overheating because I've even frozen during the first match when my ps3 is still fresh. My cousin as well and he has a newer model of PS3. I have the 250gb slim model.

Same deal happened with battlefield after they rolled out the first patches. I began freezing regularly in Siene and Bazaar.

Edit: Video embedded

-TaupeTurtle

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the Carlton to TLOU

Message 9 of 17 (693 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 4, 2014

l've been playing the last of us multiplayer since the game came out in may.after 2 months on the multiplayer l began to experience hard ps3 freezes multiple times a day no matter how long on the multiplayer it's obvious it has something to do with naughty dogs software patches and they should fix the issue before they end up buying numerous amounts of ps3s caused by their software malfunctions.everyone else l know is also experiencing these hard freezes and are fed up with it

Message 10 of 17 (531 Views)
0 Likes