Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: PS3 is crashing when playing "The last of Us" new autosave bug?

Jan 2, 2014

I got 14 hours into the game before hitting a MAJOR problem. I'm at a tough part of the game and when I get killed the PS3 just freezes. I have been manually saving all along and when I reboot the PS3 and reload the game, I can continue from the same scene. But when I get killed again, same thing it just locks up completely.

I have logged out of the PS network and tried playing the game offline but it doesn't make a difference. I'm 86% through the game. I just can't start again. Is there any way to get it working so I can complete the last 14% of the game?

Since I have been manually saving the whole time, can I delete the install info/patch without compromising the manual saves?

Message 11 of 22 (1,484 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jan 2, 2014

Simple: Don't die :smileywink:

On a serious note:

You could at least try to save you save files on an USB stick or online storage for backup, don't know if that is possible for TLoU or if they are protected though. Then you can mess with the updates and it doesn't matter if your local save files get broken.

I still hope ND gets those glitches fixed, I can only imagine how terrible it must be to get that far in this game and then not to be able to finish it.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 12 of 22 (1,476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 6, 2014

Hiya.  First ever time e-mailing here, but I really have to do this.

I REALLY hope they sort out the freezing in the multiplayer mode of TLOU.  It happens way too often (1 in every 5 matches perhaps?).

Not only do I pay for the game but I paid for the DLC content too.  Just about 20 minutes ago I had enough of the freezing after it happened just when I was winning a very hard fought Supply Raid battle with three others.  They were down to they're last 4 and the game freezes on me!!!  I was probably the only one of the four who did not reap the benefits of the hard fought win.

I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on whether Naughty Dog are going to rectify this crap, otherwise I'll want all the money back that I shelled out.

It is an amazing game and I love it.  I do hope I don't have to become that **bleep** complaining customer.

Message 13 of 22 (1,424 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 9, 2014

The older ones are harder to get running but  I cleaned it, made sure I had at least 50 percent memory free, and then uninstalled the game, re- installed it and disabled auto save and it worked.

Message 14 of 22 (1,402 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 11, 2014
I am having the exact same issue. I have a 80gb fat PS3 and it keeps crashing when I okay The Last of Us. I can play any other games for hours and my PS3 is fine, but when I attempt to play this game it crashes my system every time. Every post I put on here people tell me that my system is about to die but that doesn't seem to be the case when I can play any other game for hours on end. Has anyone attempted to contact Naughty Dog about this issue? If so do they have any response? I didn't pay all this money for a game knowing that I wouldn't be able to play it! Is there any way to get a refund? With the store that it was purchased from take it back? Any help would be appreciated!
Message 15 of 22 (1,390 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 11, 2014
I haven't even gotten that far in the game, I am in the downtown area right after you encounter the clickers for the first time. Every time I load the game I can play for maybe 2 minutes and then my PS3 just shuts off.
Message 16 of 22 (1,386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 13, 2014
I'm not even getting to the game! My game freezes right after the health warning! I deleted the game file and it worked once but now that's not even working. How can these game developers be allowed to release these games that don't even work!?
Message 17 of 22 (1,318 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jan 19, 2014

IN the building just at the end of exploring the inside of it and you go to the door where you pass through the quarantine small hallway with the yellow spotlight stand, you come up to this door you open and its being blocked by an object, you supposed to rapidly press Square ( [] ) cute scene suddenly appears and game goes black and freezes, Tried multiple times to do this game. Lost one of my saves already from data corruption from the disc somehow; Tried rebuilding the file system, cleaned disc ect.

Still nothing, every other game works and loads fine.. I'm stuck at 72% and I can't advance..  :l .. Funny how the auto save issue was somewhat addressed half a year ago but this issue is still arising til this very day.

Message 18 of 22 (1,184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Well I just purchases the Last of Us 250gb bundle and my game is locking up as well during the cut scene with Bill, so it's not your older ps3 that's the issue, its a game issue. I've only played naughty dog games on my ps3, the others being all three of the uncharted games. 2 & 3 had a couple of glitches, but I could always just reboot and continue on. this glitch just keeps reoccurring.
Message 19 of 22 (1,101 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Turned off the internet and it was still acting up during the cut scene with Bill. I hit the start button during the cut scene and skipped the cut scene and it at least it's letting me continue the game.
Message 20 of 22 (1,096 Views)
0 Likes