Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 01 2013
By: INFWarpath First Son 4 posts
Accepted Solution

Question about Asia Version?

5 replies 108 views Edited Jul 1, 2013

Just a quick question guys, so I'm in Taiwan at the moment, and I just couldn't wait til I got back to the States to pick up my copy of the Last of Us. So I bought the Asia Steelbook version. I've just now realized that access codes are region restricted, so I'd be unable to use this access code for my US PSN account, and play online once I'm back in the States.

What I was wondering is, would it be possible for me to purchase the US Online access code from the PSN once I'm back in the States and play online using my Asia version disk? I just hope I don't have to end up buying a second copy of the game so I can play online when I get home. 

If anyone has any details on this type of thing, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (108 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Question about Asia Version?

Jul 1, 2013

Redeem the codes on an Asian account, then switch back to your US account to play.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

But that would mean I would be unable to play Multiplayer on my US account right? I would think the access code would be binded to whatever account actually redeemed it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 1, 2013

No - even though you redeemed the online pass on your Asia account, any account on that same physical PS3 can use the content.

You couldn't redeem it on one console, then on another console play with the content, but any accounts you have on the PS3 are able to play the content.  I have steelbook Asia (R3) version, redeemed it on my Hong Kong account, but play Multiplayer from my US account.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (74 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Ah I see. Now this will continue to work once I go back to the States then? 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (65 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 2, 2013
Yup
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (63 Views)
0 Likes