Jan 06 2014
By: Poltergeist5_NL First Son 13 posts
Accepted Solution

Sound bug and loading problems

5 replies 134 views Edited Jan 6, 2014

I've been playing TLOU since yesterday and all of a sudden the sound went away during gameplay and cutscenes, I'm at 31% and the game functioned normally before.

I read some posts and they said that you have to delete the save data and start over again, so I did that but now the game doesn't even start up properly, I get a black screen after the intro with Sony blabla presents and the naughty dog logo, I can hear the the wind and stuff in the background but nothing happens. And when the game does start I lose the sound in the first mission, it's fine in teh beginning of the mission but when you get out of the car and you have to run the sound stop. I can hear footsteps and screaming but the dialogues are gone, also in the cutscenes.

Is someone experiencing the exact same problem as me?

How can I fix this? or when is there a patch to fix this irritating problem?

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 6 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Re: Sound bug and loading problems

Jan 6, 2014

Try the usual stuff:

- Clean disk and check for scratches

- Delete game data and update (not the savegames, thats not necessary!) and reinstall

- Disconnect your PS3 from the internet

- Which PS3 update are you using? Some people are reporting problems with 4.53, I don't have any issues with it though. If you are not on the newest version, try that

- Try another game disc

Other than that: Never heard of this issue, sorry

Art by Janice Chu
Message 2 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 7, 2014

foofighter2634 wrote:

Try the usual stuff:

- Clean disk and check for scratches

- Delete game data and update (not the savegames, thats not necessary!) and reinstall

- Disconnect your PS3 from the internet

- Which PS3 update are you using? Some people are reporting problems with 4.53, I don't have any issues with it though. If you are not on the newest version, try that

- Try another game disc

Other than that: Never heard of this issue, sorry

I did most of these things but it didn't work, I'm using the 4.53 update too and I don't think that's the problem, I tested some other games and they work just fine. The disc does have a scratch on it, i don'tknow how it got there.

Message 3 of 6 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Then try to get rid of that scratch, by either getting another disc (at least for testing if that is the issue) or by trying to repair it.

I once had a Tekken 3 for PS2 which was completely destroyed, there was a really deep and bad scratch on it so I went to a shop of a friend and he told me to try "Displex" which is actually for removing scratches from your mobile phone screen. As I didn't have much to lose anyway, I just got it and tried it - and it was amazing! The scratch was gone completely, and the game was working fine after that. It's just a tip. I think you can order that stuff on amazon for a few bucks, but get the right one, I think there are different types of Displex, back in the day it was only one.

Good luck!

Art by Janice Chu
Message 4 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jan 7, 2014

Thanks for your reply

I bought a new copy today and it works fine, no problems with it for now, I don't know if that's going to change but I hope not.

I would say it was the scratch that ruined it for me.

Message 5 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 8, 2014

I get the sound bug on both of me ellie edition and joel editions of the game and theres no scratches on either disc.I do find it only happends occasionaly which is just as well cus id hate having to buy both versions again for a second time lol

Message 6 of 6 (94 Views)
0 Likes