Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 07 2013
By: s0u7hernsAin1 First Son 2 posts

Spotlight Glitches & Loading Screen issues

2 replies 116 views Edited Sep 7, 2013

I've done a ton of researching tonight (though I may still have missed my answer) trying to figure out why 

1. My loading screen gets to about 98-99% and slows to a crawl

2. Once it manages to load (right before you approach the spotlight section), glitches galore appear. If I silently take out the patrolling guard, the animation stops (though he's incapacitated), and his body remains frozen in a standing position. All subsequent attackers (when the generator is turned off) experience the same "death." On one load, the Clicker was spotted with the light, but not shot at ... He made it to the wall, floated up it, and then plummeted out of frame. Once I opened the doors to the compound, dialogue is gone, and animations (like trying to boost up your friends, or open the aluminum door) can be started without animations. 

This was true before & after I update from the original game (which I was playing up to this point) to the 1.03 patch.

I can only guess that there's something buggy with this part of the level, and that an error has been saved into the save game file. 

Any help? Or are we just waiting for .04 patch?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Re: Spotlight Glitches & Loading Screen issues

Sep 9, 2013
That is most weird. Try removing all TLOU related data from the Game Data folder. Then start the game without downloading any patches and see if it works properly. Also,do you have a slim PS3 or a fat one?
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Spotlight Glitches & Loading Screen issues

Sep 17, 2013

Thanks for replying!

Sorry for taking a while - I just gave up. 

I did do that, and it started fine. But I was so far in, I have no interest in redoing all the work, if the save files are the problem - you know?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (57 Views)
0 Likes