Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 20 2013
By: BigDaddyD845 First Son 2 posts

THE LAST OF US WON'T PLAY IN MY PS3

18 replies 11971 views Edited Jun 20, 2013
Well I bought my first copy at bestbuy in manasses VA. Went to play my ps3 won't even read it. So I tried every other game I have all work fine. Then I went back to best buy and exchanged for copy #2. Went tried didn't not work same thing ps3 doesn't read it. Then went and picked up copy #3 same out come. So I'm from NY and came home from a work trip and now I have tried my 4th copy from a best buy in Middletown NY same thing!!!! All I wanna do is play the game so someone please help me out!!! My ps3 is up to date and connected to the Internet. Called PS consumer number did trouble shooting and still nothing!!!
Message 1 of 19 (11,971 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: THE LAST OF US WON'T PLAY IN MY PS3

Jun 21, 2013

Unfortunetly, I don't have a solution for you. If you look hard enough there are quite a few of people out there with similar issues... I'm one of them. The only thing I've heard is that it is a system performance issue. I've heard of such issues miraculously fixing themselves after a firmware patch. Keep calling, and keep posting. 

Message 2 of 19 (11,957 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Dear Naughty Dog,

So many of us have the same problem: We buy the game, it doesn't work in the PS3. All our other games work fine in our PS3s. We exchange the game. Still doesn't work. Once opened, we can't return the game, so we are out of luck. How can you help us. And yes, my PS3 is also up to date and, hey, have I mentioned before that all my other games work?

Message 3 of 19 (11,946 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I just encountered this problem tonight and I'm really bummed. I played 20+ hours prior to this happening, so why NOW, I have no idea. 

Been looking all over the net for fixes, and all I'm finding are similar solutionless situations. 

The ONLY game I can get to work surprisingly is Metro: Last Light. When I pop the non-working discs into our other PS3, every disc loads up beautifully, and this is after the newest sytem update and it's the current, redesigned, PS3 Slim model. I have the  Slim CECH-2001A model from 2010. 

I doubt they will fix this for us. I just really want to play TLOU some more. Was working on my Survivor playthrough. :robotsad:

Message 4 of 19 (11,940 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 21, 2013

My Slim had this problem with reading dual layer discs so i had the lens replaced. Working fine now

Message 5 of 19 (11,928 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 21, 2013

im having a similar problem, im on copy #2 from Game Stop. I was so excited about this game that i paid in full pre-ordered it a year ago and have been counting the days till release. So i picked my first copy up and when i put it in my console it took forever to load then when it finally started the opeaning movie scene, the game starts acting like a corrupt data disc. Stopping and starting, pixie lines squares all over the picture, half screen, no sound, then sound but like with a 25 sec lag, and that is when u can see the movie. So i paused it and it buffered then worked for bout 25 sec then started over. **bleep**!!!!!! Its crazy that a game that is PS3 exclusive is having this many problems the day of launch and no patch( that i know of) has been released to fix this issue. If anyone can help please do so. My GT is avenged79, if u know anything that can help hit me up.

Message 6 of 19 (11,902 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 22, 2013

darklighter17 wrote:

My Slim had this problem with reading dual layer discs so i had the lens replaced. Working fine now

I would like to mention that it isn't specifically a dual layer disc issue. My PS3 has no issue playing dual layer discs except for TLOU.

Message 7 of 19 (11,859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 2, 2013
I found a solution for this. First I insert any game that works, load it, play it for 5 min and then quit and insert The Last of Us it should recognize the disc now, if it doesn't, try again with another game or the same. I don't know why the PS3 seems to need some sort of pre exercise in order to load TLoU. The first time I had to try this was with Uncharted 3. Now it worked with TLoU too. Hope it helps.
Message 8 of 19 (11,627 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Multiple posts on same issue for quite a few games lol. I mentioned on different post about the issue for the slim slide top, Start with Video bd/dvd off, turn off ps3, turn it back on, then set that setting to normal or full screen, insert the disc thats pissin u off, last of us, god of war, list go's on. It should read. Also this is for playing on Non HD. I never had a problem with HD. If you remove the game, you will have to repeat the process, it works for me almost everytime. Never tried it with front loader ps3. Somone could try & post to say if it works for them. Good Luck

Message 9 of 19 (11,435 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Try changing the position of your PS3. My PS3 is always on its side and it wouldn't read TLOU, so I put my PS3 upright and put the disc in and it read it! It might just be my luck but you should give it a try!

Message 10 of 19 (11,429 Views)
0 Likes