First Son
1 posts

Re: THE LAST OF US WON'T PLAY IN MY PS3

Aug 28, 2013

I know it sounds crazy but if you're still having this problem (Sorry I'm late) or ever do again, try ejecting the disc and tipping your Playstation backwards until it's vertically upright.  You may have to hold it there or lean it against something, because the cords out the back will stop it balancing. In this position, reinsert the clean disc and wait until the game icon appears oon the menu. You may have to do this every time you play the particular game
I've had to do this with several of my pre-owned games, and I'm using a pre-owned console. . I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I hope it works for you!

Message 11 of 32 (32,055 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Oct 21, 2013

I have same problem 45 degree angle thing doesnt work for me. My ps3 wont play God of war acension and Last of us. All other games working 100%.

Could tell me which lens you replaced blu ray or dvd on ps3.

Message 12 of 32 (31,817 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Re: THE LAST OF US WON'T PLAY IN MY PS3 (anymore)

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2013

Sad story, but I have to join this club here. Been on GTA since September and everything worked just fine - sp and online. Some days ago the disc wasn't recognized properly anymore. After some tries it worked again. So far so good. Didn't turn on my ps3 for a couple of days - until today. Bought the TLOU season pass in the store and the new title update was installed. After this, first loading of the game failed. After multiple tries and reading errors I made it to the main menue.

Since then I'm stuck at the "Connecting ..." online loading screen at 4/5. Sometimes full loading bar and I can see the version 1.05083 on the top right. Can't back out to XMB. After five minutes the lobby appeared with my correct rank now, but everything is frozen. 

Facts: 

- Rank after last session in early September was 234

- PS3 Slim (350 GB, CECH - 3004B, about 1 year old)

- Disc has no scratches and is clean

- everything works just fine on another PS3

- never had any problems with this game before

- every single game in my collection (around 50) works, except TLOU and GTA V in a sudden now

- called Sony Support today two times ("Double Layer", "Laser" etc. they said ...)

- went to PS3 menu (File system corrupt), did all the steps Restore/ Database building for the 11th time now, it shows still an error in the file system

- send a support request to Rockstar Games to describe the issue. It seems to be common and all over youtube (PS3 file system storage)

- deleted the installation data of TLOU, reinstalled, 1.05 redownload incl. new maps

-a blu-ray cleaning disk didn't help. Keep getting stuck at 4/5 of the loading screen

- restored the whole ps3 system, but have yet to check, if this works

What else can I do? I'm getting desperate now ...

Any helpful advise is appreciated. Thank you

Message 13 of 32 (31,793 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Oct 25, 2013

meltron69 wrote:

Sad story, but I have to join this club here. Been on GTA since September and everything worked just fine - sp and online. Some days ago the disc wasn't recognized properly anymore. After some tries it worked again. So far so good. Didn't turn on my ps3 for a couple of days - until today. Bought the TLOU season pass in the store and the new title update was installed. After this, first loading of the game failed. After multiple tries and reading errors I made it to the main menue.

Since then I'm stuck at the "Connecting ..." online loading screen at 4/5. Sometimes full loading bar and I can see the version 1.05083 on the top right. Can't back out to XMB. After five minutes the lobby appeared with my correct rank now, but everything is frozen. 

Facts: 

- Rank after last session in early September was 234

- PS3 Slim (350 GB, CECH - 3004B, about 1 year old)

- Disc has no scratches and is clean

- everything works just fine on another PS3

- never had any problems with this game before

- every single game in my collection (around 50) works, except TLOU and GTA V in a sudden now

- called Sony Support today two times ("Double Layer", "Laser" etc. they said ...)

- went to PS3 menu (File system corrupt), did all the steps Restore/ Database building for the 11th time now, it shows still an error in the file system

- send a support request to Rockstar Games to describe the issue. It seems to be common and all over youtube (PS3 file system storage)

- deleted the installation data of TLOU, reinstalled, 1.05 redownload incl. new maps

-a blu-ray cleaning disk didn't help. Keep getting stuck at 4/5 of the loading screen

- restored the whole ps3 system, but have yet to check, if this works

What else can I do? I'm getting desperate now ...

Any helpful advise is appreciated. Thank you

This is a tough case. It could be your hard drive going or any other number of things. Let's talk via PM.

Message 14 of 32 (31,748 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
304 posts

Oct 29, 2013

I finally fixed it by myself! Q-Tips and Alkohol to clean the lens did the trick for me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXrEyE3OwbQ

Message 15 of 32 (31,710 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Well it all started when I traded Splinter cells Blacklist with my best friends deathstar115 game TLOU AKA (The Last Of Us). Once I got home I started playing the game and there was no audio from my PS3!!! Can anyone help me with this problem?

Message 16 of 32 (31,627 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Nov 28, 2013

I have the auto-save bug that supposedly was fixed. 

I just got the game. I updated to v1.05 and the game loads up. but whenever the game autosaves it stops working. The autosaving please wait is present when I hit start. But voice acting audio goes away. But subtitles work. 

It seems everytime the game autosaves I need to reboot, re-load the game then I can play till the next autosave point. 

basically I start the game in Sarah's room, read the birthday card, go to the bathroom read teh newspaper. Then I get to the fathers room and see the explosion outside. this all seems fine to this point. Now when I go downstairs the cell rings and pick it up but I can't see anythign on the screen no voice audio. same for note on fridge, it's just a blur.

Walk into dads office and he comes bunny hoping in, no audio, breifcase floats out of drawer gun appears, dad still looks like he is sitting in a massage chair. nothign else happens, press start I have Autosaving please wait. I waited 5 minutes and I exit the game. 

Start game back up, load game save, im back in the office I get to see the cut scene, we get in car and drive. 

fast forward kick out the car window

run down street carrying sarah, I see subtitles but no audio again. eventually the people staop moving. press start Autosaving please wait....

turn game off, reload which by the way takes a really really long time cause sometimes I also get the loading 0.00% and it doesnt move, ps3 disc not spinning or light flashing. gave up... disappointed yet another game I can not play on ps3. 

And this btw happens on both of my ps3's. both are less than a year old. 

Message 17 of 32 (31,298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 14, 2014
I had the same problem, All my other games would work except The Last of Us, Which is really frustrating because its such an awesome game but the easy fix that worked for me was cleaning the lens with a qtip. I have the ps3 super slim so it was wasy but if you have a bulk or slim you can youtube how to clean the lens.
Message 18 of 32 (24,598 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 4, 2014

I actually have three solutions that worked for me when i had trouble playing the game

1.  put in the disk and lift your playstation up (just a little) this solution dosen't always works but sometimes it does

2. (This one can be a little bad if you were far in the game but this is the first one that worked for me) Go into game data utillity and  erase the last of us, Then  into save data utillity and then erase everything that is related to the last of us this will erase all your save data in return i suggest doing this one last

3.Play another game for 10-20 minutes than insert the last of us

HOPE THIS COULD HELP OTHER PEOPLE Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 32 (20,649 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 1, 2015
Please someone save me from my torment!!
I just bought talk (the last of us) . This would be my first time playing it and it won't work on my ps3 but all my other games work besides God of war 3 which needs you to play another game before it kind of like a jumpstart. I tried It with this one and my attempts are feeble.....please someone help me...
Message 20 of 32 (8,474 Views)
0 Likes