Jul 02 2013
By: lateralus81 First Son 7 posts

Technical Issue-Where would I submit it? **Spoiler** A Blue-tint during a certain section.

3 replies 85 views Edited Jul 2, 2013

I have the digital download.  When Joel is injured, and you are using Ellie, after you do the section with David, the screen gets a blueish tint to it.  It happens when the other group tracks her to the village, and she lowers the garage door to go out and draw them away.

Did this happen to anyone else that had the digital download?

"The rest is silence..."
-Hamlet

Get your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 4 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Re: Technical Issue-Where would I submit it? **Spoiler** A Blue-tint during a certain section.

Jul 2, 2013
Ouch. I;ve heard a few people who had this problem, are you using a Fat PS3? how much space is on the HDD? Have you cleaned the fans? Is it well ventilated? Are you sure the heatsink hasn't worn off the graphics card? and finally....are you sure your A/V or HDMI cord isn't loose?
Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 2 of 4 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Technical Issue-Where would I submit it? **Spoiler** A Blue-tint during a certain section.

Jul 2, 2013

Dear Naughty Dog,

I've played Uncharted 1, 2, 3 and I like the first and third game very much so I was looking forward to play your new game 'The Last of Us'. I thought I'd give you some user feedback about it.

Currently I'm at approx. 46% completion of the game and so far the story, characters and events are good. However there are some gameplay elements that could have been better.

Combat system: I really miss the combat rolls. They are very useful in Uncharted's combat situations and they would be very useful in this game too. Also, snapshot is another key element of combat that can be a lifesaver in Uncharted, and the lack of it here makes combat significantly harder because sometimes there is simply not enough time to carefully aim and fire with a weapon when 2 or 3 runners charging from a short distance simultaneously. I understand you had to reposition the reload button from R2 to make room for the listening mode (which is useful) and that could be the reason why there is not an individual button for reloading the weapons, and you had to remove snapshot to make room for reloading with R1, but this could have been done better. (We could use triangle for reloading if there aren't any usable objects in the vicinity for example.) Another bad idea was that we cannot loot ammunition from most of the opponents who uses firearms. I understand you wanted to create a combat system which focuses on conserving ammunition and using stealth instead of constantly firing everywhere but this is so unrealistic...

Crafting: Maximizing the craftable items and carrying capacity of components at three is not a bad idea however I regularly bumped into this limit and often had to leave useful components behind because there were not enough room in the inventory. This does not apply to scissors. There are too few of them in the game.

Follower support: Ellie sometimes mentions she could be more useful if she had given a gun. Why not let the player decide if he adds a gun to an 11 year old adult or not? She is a useful support in combat sometimes, but she could be better. By the way Ellie has a backpack too. Why can't we store items in there? Also it would be good to manage Ellie's inventory is she had such a thing.

Graphics: Using 1080p resolution instead on 720p, antialiasing, DX10 or DX11 effects would make the game look even better, but most of these are beyond the capabilities of a PS3 console.

Message 3 of 4 (61 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 2, 2013
I had this too but I think the only reason you noticed the blue tint is because right before she lowers the garage the entire screen becomes blue. I think it might just be an error in the effect timing or something
Message 4 of 4 (53 Views)
0 Likes