Highlighted
Jan 02 2014
By: dirtyleeds2010 First Son 2 posts

The Last Of Us - Glitch @ 53% (escape the city) - Please help!!!

10 replies 1228 views Edited Jan 2, 2014
I've just gone through the gate with the 2 brothers where you're faced with a container that has half a ladder showing. The game prompts you to press 'triangle' to lifts the brothers on to the top of the container. When you do this rather than climb up, the other characters 'float' up. Ellie eventually drops back down to join you and you're prompted to lift open a shutter with the 'triangle' again. When I do this, the sound ceases, the 'triangle' indicator remains but doesn't respond to any type of pressing leaving me trapped in the courtyard with nowhere to go. Have tried cleaning disc and also starting again from previous chapter within Pittsburg but always end up with the same glitch - has anyone else encountered this and more importantly, fixed it???? Please help!!!!! Thanks in anticipation
Message 1 of 11 (1,228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: The Last Of Us - Glitch @ 53% (escape the city) - Please help!!!

Jan 21, 2014

Im having an identical issue, tried playing this segment of the game over several times and have had this glitch as well as a variety of others during this encounter such as my companions freezing, falling through the floor, and an entire building not loading.  I tried starting from a save point hours earlier, but came to the same result.  Have no idea what to do :/ hopefully someone will have an answer!

Message 2 of 11 (1,142 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Similar problem here. Right now I am in the sewers with the brothers, unable to continue the story because the map stops loading. So disappointing. I hope someone can help us. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,132 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Same problem here. Can't escape the city. Instead of opening the gate, We float through it... then I float to the top of the truck. Sam and Henry disappear. Ellie is on the ground. I jump down and I can't open the big door to get out. It is disappointing to get that far and not be able to continue.

Message 4 of 11 (1,100 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
34 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2014

Hey dirtyleeds2010, DeathByBadgers, leelomultipass, and Mailing4u -

Would you mind trying the couple of troubleshooting steps I've posted for another user in this thread?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/Lakeside-resort-glitch-Cant-advance-at-al...

Feel free to post back here or there if nothing works out.

Message 5 of 11 (1,090 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 3, 2014

Thank You for the suggestions medium-mutt. I followed them all with no luck. I am finding that when I am forced to quit the game or try to reload a save (no matter which one I choose), it won't load. Shows a 0.00% with the spores, but no audio. Also, when this glitch happens my audio is behind the movements and parts of the world are invisible. Just odd things. Example... I kill the guy and he is dead, but standing dead. I have never made it past the "escape the city" without becoming trapped. If you have any more suggestions please let us know. I know I would love to finish this game.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11 (1,067 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2014
Same problem here. I go to the truck, they float on up, Ellie floats on down, then I can't open the f***ing door. I can't get past 53% game completion and it is seriously driving me mad, I need a fix soon.
Jones
Message 7 of 11 (830 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Aug 8, 2014

medium-mutt wrote:

Hey dirtyleeds2010, DeathByBadgers, leelomultipass, and Mailing4u -

Would you mind trying the couple of troubleshooting steps I've posted for another user in this thread?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/Lakeside-resort-glitch-Cant-advance-at-al...

Feel free to post back here or there if nothing works out.

I'm having the same issue as O.P. (posted a thread here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/Re-Game-Not-Loading-Sections-of-Levels-an... )

My guess was initially that seeing as there is no "on-screen" quick save icon, we forget to not turn off our consoles when were done -  when we should be checking that the quicksaving is all completed - but testing that theory would require I play up to the point I'm up to again when I've already done it plenty of times. That and lots of users are reporting issues where even with formatting the HDD and such is resulting in the same problem anyway.

My disc is in A1 condition - BUT it was a release era disc - I've seen reports that people with earlier discs are having issues that end up being related to the disc itself. Being that it's far to late for a recall on such, I'm likely to try another copy of the game, but we shouldnt have to do this seeing as a retailer pretty much wont honor the idea of "going to the store and asking for another copy"

I've tried the steps you listed in the thread you linked to and no luck. tried the following things as well:

-game on another console (save trasferred) - small progress, but same thing happened further along

-game on either console with all game data deleted, system offline (save file kept) - no progress

-game on either console with patches - no progress.

I'd love to finish this game (stil havent and still havent had anything spoiled!!) and I'd consider picking up the remaster even (although that seems to have its own issues), but I'm hesitant given the issues that are, for all intents and purposes, game breaking

Message 8 of 11 (787 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 24, 2014
The game is experiencing many problems and bugs. It started towards the beginning of the game. Textures were missing and everything around was bright white. I tried to reload my last encounter, but the game froze at 97.83%. Then, almost every time i pressed the pause button after restarting the game, there would be no sound effects or no dialogue, even in cutscenes. I kept quitting and restarting because of that reason, reloading last encounter did not fix the problem. I had bought a pre-owned version of the game and cleaned the disc as soon as I got it. I cleaned it again when the problems started. I did not clean with anything that would damage the disc. I figured out that if I did not press the pause button the game would not glitch. That was the case, until I reached a certain point in the game where you go through a gate. At this point, the game would lag a lot in the cutscene and then immediately the screen would go black. I could not hear or see anything. All i could see were the subtitles that appeared every now and then. After that, I figured I could restart the game again, but the same thing happened over and over again. I have tried everything. I really enjoy this game and I appreciate the work you put into making these games. Is there anything I can do to fix this still? I understand it is a new game. Are there any new updates that will come out soon that will patch this? If for some reason this email is unclear, is there a phone number I can call? Please respond as soon as possible. I know a lot of people have the same problems. I do not want to get rid of this game. This was an email I planned on sending to naughty dog I do not know why this is happening
Message 9 of 11 (726 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2014
I tried restoring default setting too and restarting the game one more time after that. I had the same thing happen. I do not know what to do. I don't want to delete my save data. Before anyone asks the playstation has automatically restored the file system so yes I have tried that. Are there any suggestions?
Message 10 of 11 (725 Views)
0 Likes