Jun 16 2013
By: r_ribeiro234 First Son 12 posts

The Last Of Us makes my ps3 turn off! Help?

6 replies 2232 views Edited Jun 16, 2013
Hello! I just bought The Last Of Us, could play the game normally untill the chapter called "The Outskirt". When I begin this chapter, my ps3 (which is the fat model) auto turnes off. I tryed manny times to continue to play, but it keeps happening the same thing. I've made a research, and discovered that a lot of people are having the same problem, at the same moment of the game. Has anyone here had this problem? Does anyone knows what is happening, and what can i do to solve this? Please help me
Message 1 of 7 (2,232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: The Last Of Us makes my ps3 turn off! Help?

Jul 9, 2013

I have the same problem. My PS3 is the fat model too, but the videogame turns off not only in an specific part. I tryed to move it to a place with better refrigeration (even its actual place having enough space for air circulation and great conditions of working), I changed its orientation to vertical, and the problem persists!

Message 2 of 7 (2,137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 10, 2013

I have the same problem with my Fat PS3 too. I read from forums that a lot of people are affected by the same problem. The PS3 would just shut down with 3 quick beeps and blinking red lights. Some mentioned that The Last of Us squeezes every bit of the PS3 resource and causes the system to overheat. In any case, I believe any game developer should fully test their games with all the console SKUs, including the old ones. It is unacceptable that the game runs on the newer systems but not on the older ones. I hope that Naughty Dog hear our plight and release a patch or something to rectify the issue. I've stopped playing The Last of Us and the issue occurs too frequently. Thanks.

Message 3 of 7 (2,122 Views)
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Mine turns off in the exact same place every time, so I can't get any further into the game, so I won't be playing it anymore until this is fixed. If it never gets fixed, it's a shame, because the game is so good. This is the bad things about exclusives, if there were a PC or 360 version, I would at least have the option of buying it and playing it on another platform.
Message 4 of 7 (2,061 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 19, 2013

I called to the phone number of the technical assistence indicated on the TLoU's manual (sony technical assistence), and the guy said to me, that the problems of the PS3 software version 4.45, weren't totaly solved on the 4.46 (that would be causing the defect), but sony was working to release the 4.47 this week. Until now, nothing!

Message 5 of 7 (1,997 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 11, 2013
Hi, I have the PS3 fat 80g, when I play TLOU its shut off during multiplayer and campaign some places also it shut off when I try to play RE Chronicles Collection and Battlefield 3 what's going on?. I did everything I clean my ps3 I used airduster I vaccum, I have my ps3 in a open place and the problem still there when I play others games digital or physical no problem at all
Message 6 of 7 (1,761 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 12, 2013
Mira,mecaguendiola, no me va la play 3 cuando introduzco el juego TLOUS ,se me apaga. Asique ya me estais devolviendo el dinero o si no os denuncio , mecaguentodo . Quiero el puto dinero, porque yo no tengo la culpa de comprar la play 3 y que cuatro gilipollas no sepan hacerla bien .
Message 7 of 7 (1,734 Views)
0 Likes