Jul 06 2013
By: SnoopsR First Son 1 posts

The Last Of Us won't load

13 replies 5758 views Edited Jul 6, 2013

When I insert the disc it makes a few noises like it's going to eject but it doesn't seem to register there is a disc in there; the game disc doesn't show up to load from.  I've just sent it back anbd got a new copy and have the same problem again.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 14 (5,758 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: The Last Of Us won't load

Jul 15, 2013

I got the exact same expirience , just got a new copy and it do the same. I tryed load it over and over again until it loads , but it shouldn't do this . I got a more expensive copy (Joel Edition) and probably this is a bonus =S.

I read that this have something to do with the model and the fact that is's a multilayer cd . But I got GOW 3 and anscencion (for exaample) and works just fine. 

I sad cuz NAUGHTY DOG  doesn't say a word about this , and if u surf through some forums u'll c that we'r not the only experiencing some problems like this....

My "trick" allowed me to get to "the Hunt" chapter...

Message 2 of 14 (5,702 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 20, 2013

I've been having the same problem.  All of a sudden the game won't load at all and its annoying. The way I can get it to work is that I have to go to "Game Data Utility" and delete "The Last of Us 1.02" If you want to play online just run the update and it will work fine..... but once you turn off the PS3.... You will have to do this process all over again.

Message 3 of 14 (5,660 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Ok so I have a super slim ps3, I bought it just this Feb. Now I have had this game since launch day, I have never occurred any bug with the game. It has played fine since I bought the game until today. Now all of a sudden my game froze on the particle loading screen multiple times, I boot down my ps3 then try to boot the game back up and now I can't even get to the main menu **bleep**!!! Any one else with this problem. 

List of what isn't wrong

The Game Data is not bad - I have deleted the most recent patch and still didn't work
Not my saves or profile save - Deleted both and still no load.
Not my hdd - I restored the file system and still freezes.
Booted up 3 other games just fine and that cleared the system cache - it still freezes.
I have deleted my DLC for the game - still won't even load to the main menu.

It just stays on the screen before the warning screen. It just says "The Last Of Us" in the bottom right corner and it sounds like the disc is failing to load because I hear the disc spinning trying to load, but then it stops and then starts again over and over again. Also to even boot down my PS3 while it stuck on this screen I have unplug my unit from the back to even get the PS3 to boot down. Quit game or Turn Off System won't even work.

Has anyone else encountered this also?

Message 4 of 14 (5,620 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013
First time browsing through this particular sub-forum, but I wanted to look through here because my friend is experiencing a similar problem.

His PS3, I don't know what model it is, but I'll ask him, takes forever to start the game. However, every other game gets read and starts up fine for him. I seriously have to wait for his game to get read and started up by his PS3 before I invite him to my party.

Takes about like 5-10 minutes for him at times.
What is dead may never die.
Message 5 of 14 (5,602 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 28, 2013

I having a problem loading the last of us the suburbs stage so I bought another and having the same problem is anyone have an answer to fix this.

Message 6 of 14 (5,580 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jul 31, 2013

Let me tell you that the problem is going to get even worst. My PS3 started doing the same thing... Then it took hours to just get to the freaking title screen.... now.... all i get is a black screen. All my other games work fine... except for this one.

Message 7 of 14 (5,543 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Sorry friend (Mastadope42).... there is not fix. Your game is just an empty useless Blu-Ray cd. I have the same issue.

Message 8 of 14 (5,541 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 15, 2013

So I am having a different issue with TLOU that I am not finding answers to online. I borrowed it from a friend who had no issue with it. My system is up to date. I put in the disc it load and goes to a black screen for 3 minutes then asks me to download the software for it. I do which take a few minutes and then back to black screen for another 10 minutes until it starts loading and i get the opening window options menu. i click new game and get the dusty load screen. This is where the main issue happen. It will sit on this menu loading for ALMOST AN HOUR, starting at 11.88% and climbing chunk by chunk until it speeds up likes its finally going to work and drops back to zero where it pretty much wont load after that.

Has anyone else had this problem or have suggestions. i have tried removing the disc info and reloading. I have tried tilting and positioning the system differently. The disc is clean and I am out of ideas. Any help is welcomed. I just wanna play this **bleep** game!

Message 9 of 14 (5,304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 29, 2013

hi guys just wanted to say that it froze for me too when the movie was about to play during " the hunt " .. i just pressed start and clicked skip movie and it worked lol ... i hope that helps good luck 

Message 10 of 14 (4,533 Views)
0 Likes