Feb 24 2014
By: Pr3dator-Jurian First Son 2 posts

The last of us won't load

26 replies 24267 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

Can anyone help me?

When I boot up the game sometimes I can't even get past the first loading screen. 
And whenever I get past that loading screen the spore loading screen always gets stuck.
I wanted to play the game again for the new dlc. I haven't touched the game in a few months.
The disc is clean and there are no scratches. I can play every game including the uncharted games but I can't play the last of us.
Is it possible a bluray disc stops working after you haven't touched it for a while?

I am not asking for a refund but it is weird that I can't play a game that I haven't touched in a few months anymore. 

Message 1 of 27 (24,267 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: The last of us won't load

Feb 25, 2014

I am having the exact same issue.  I bought TLOU two days ago and have been impressed with the gameplay but incredibly frustrated by the seemingly widespread issues of saving/ loading saved games.

PLEASE HELP!

I had to start from the very beginning after 5 hours of gameplay to get past a section at 29% where the rest of level wouldn't load and the music and dialouge stops.  It worked but now I can't load my saved game at all because it freezes in the spore (loading) screen at a random percentage and I have to quit the game to exit.  NOTHING seems to work.

I want to continue this masterpeice of a game, but these bugs are way too widely reported to be just my system.  Please develop a patch that addresses this issue!

Message 2 of 27 (24,259 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 27, 2014

I brought a copy of "the last of us"  last week and it wouldn't load up the prolog screen, I can get the game loading screen upto 100% and then the screen goes black and I am expecting the 1st video scene of the game and nothing happens. I took the game to 3 different friends and out of them it worked on only one console ( a new super slim ps3) so I took the game back to game and got another copy. Tried it again, same result. I tried everything, deleting all save game data and installed game data and update data, then tried playing without doing the latest  update- still not working.  Playstation support suggested backing up my system onto a hard disc and formatting my ps3 thus resettingthe console to original factory settings and so tried this too, it took 5 hours to back up!!!  Guess what?? Still doesn't work. I have 34 other games and many dual layered and they all work fine. So what the hell is going on with "the last of us"????? Please help

Message 3 of 27 (24,227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 14, 2014

Turns out I did have a bad disc.

Thank you sony for replacing it.
Still don't understand how it got damaged thought.

Message 4 of 27 (24,105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 7, 2014
Im having same problem has pr3dator-jurian but dont know what to do so if i buy another copy it will work and i didnt touch my game for a while to just like him so could it work
Message 5 of 27 (23,766 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 25, 2014

i bout the last of us and brought it home PS3 wouldnt even read it..thought disc was bad took disc back they gave me another disc..same thing wont even show the game is in the machine..All other games work fine..whats the deal with this game???

Message 6 of 27 (22,931 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 31, 2014
I have a little different of a problem. My the last of us disc doesn't have any scratches or smudges at all but when I put in the disc it only goes to the loading screen with the logo at the bottom right corner. It doesn't freeze but it won't load even when I leave it loading for 10 minutes. Can someone please help me, I love the last of us and want to keep being able to play it?
Message 7 of 27 (22,809 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 4, 2014
Same thing with mine! Have had the game since it came out, played through once just fine. Now all of the sudden it won't go past the loading screen to enter the game. Just flashing "loading". Yeah no game your not... It did however work when I went to "chapters" and selected the gameplay from there.
Message 8 of 27 (22,649 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jun 5, 2014

Hey mates. I had the same problem. I bought the DLC, Left Behind; and after I finished it, I wanted to play the full game again. It went pretty smooth for a while, but about 75% in, I could no longer load the game.  The screen kept saying 0.00% so after a while I tried to load my previous saved game, the one I had completed 100% then started a new game + (plus)
After I skipped the opening scene, I pressed start, went to my saved games and loaded the saved game that didn't work, but for whatever reason it actually loaded and I managed to keep on playing. 

So if you haven't tried it, I suggest you start a new game, then while you're in-game, try to load the saved game that doesn't work. If you're unable to start a new game at all, I suggest you buy a new disc.

(This is an advice for all of you. Hope it works!)

Message 9 of 27 (22,626 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2014

Mine is stuck, I bought the Grounded difficulty, and I tried to go through the game for the 100% percent on the trophies, when I got to Bill's Town, right outside the school, everything is blank, the ground is like the sky, when I walk above the blank ground, I fall through it, and I go to the loading screen with the spores and it's Loading 0.00%, stuck it doesn't load, even when I go through the chapter, I deleted a ton of stuff, but It still doesn't work. This is lame for someone who bought the difficulty and did not get to playthrough it. Naughty Dog is lazy with their awards, now I can't get my 100% percent on the game, I only need the 2 Grounded trophies. I've asked Directors and Moderators, and they ignore me? **bleep** IS THIS TREATMENT, NAUGHTY DOG!

Mine is not even a physical copy, it's digital.

Message 10 of 27 (22,376 Views)