Jan 13 2014
By: LageMaz First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

US Game in a non-US region.

[ Edited ]
2 replies 148 views Edited Jan 13, 2014

Hey I am currently living in Australia and recently bought The Last of Us online. Only when I received the game did I realise it was the American Version of the game and not the Australian version. 

I am currently on my second playthrough of the singleplayer and I am thoroughly enjoying it. (Awesome Game!) However I am worried if I will have any issues connecting to the online 'Factions' part of the game as the game and online pass code are for the American region.

My main questions are:

1. Will I even be able to access online with my Australian account or will I have to create an American one?

2. Will the game automatically attempt to connect me to US servers rather than more local ones?

3. Will I have any issues with DLC compatibility?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Re: US Game in a non-US region.

[ Edited ]
Jan 15, 2014

1. You'll need to create US account and activate the online pass code on that account. Then you will be able to play online on your AU account, just don't delete US user profile.

2. I'm having the same results with my UK version and US version - no region priorities

3. Same here - you'll need to create US account to buy DLC for US version of the game. I don't have any DLC issues when I'm playing US version on my Russian account.

I live in Russia. Ordered the game from UK online store (cause I prefer original or close to original stuff :smileywink:). Then I found out that all European versions (also Australia and New Zeland) have censored multiplayer (less gory, no dismemberment). So I bought US version from Playstation Store on my US account.

So consider yourself lucky - you gonna play uncut multiplayer!

Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: US Game in a non-US region.

Jan 15, 2014

Sounds good! Might actually keep my US version now :smileywink:

Message 3 of 3 (97 Views)
0 Likes