Jan 06 2014
By: Zeawen First Son 3 posts

Weird save glitch in Hotel Lobby (Light, but no story spoilers)

4 replies 116 views Edited Jan 6, 2014

Hello everyone.

I've been playing this awesome game for a while now, and I simply can't get enough. I am on occasion slightly annoyed but what seems to be minor bugs in the game, but it hasn't kept me away. This one however is fairly annoying. I'm playing on hard difficulty, so I'm doing everything I can to be stealthy and preserve my crafting mats and arsenal.

My problem is this. After the elevator falls, and I'm trapped down in the water, I eventually come to a place where a bunch of rats is running towards me. In a room off to the right there's a generator that I'm guessing I need to turn on for the door. (I haven't actually gotten past this yet). Now when you start fiddling with this thing, a bunch of clickers will spawn. Okay, I thought I'd lay out some nail bombs in preperation so I could actually get it up and running first try. It worked, but I've only succeded 2 times, and both times I've been killed by the other horde of clickers coming my way. My issue is though, that the game actually remembers me having used my nail bomb when I restart the encounter. The generator isn't on, obviously, because I turned back time and started over, but my nail bombs are magically gone. This is the second time I start the chapter, because the first time, it actually saved where I was AT the generator, and I'd lost a bunch of health in the battle before I restarted the encounter. So in essence, I'd lost health in a battle I hadn't done. It seems to me it's a general problem in this area, sin'ce it's happened twice now out of 2 times. I'm going to restart the chapter again, but I'd like to know if is anything I can do to avoid these problems? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Weird save glitch in Hotel Lobby (Light, but no story spoilers)

Jan 8, 2014

Infelizmente não o pessoal vai ter corrigir este bug logo ,nem on line você não consegue jogar trava muito o jogo é otimo mas o pessoal que da a manutenção e pessimo?

Message 2 of 5 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 9, 2014
I'm sure it'd be a great solution if I understood you Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 9, 2014

Something similar was happening to me as well. I went for the generator to turn it on, then the 2 clickers spawned. Instead of immediatly trying to kill them, I just tried to get the generator running first. That didn't work well, so I ignored it and just tried to kill the clickers.

After I killed them, I decided to restart the encounter because it didn't go so well (missed few shots and lost some health as well, because I didn't immediatly try to kill the clickers). After I restarted it however, my health didn't return to what it was before, and the ammo I used wasn't recovered either, so I had deal with the clickers AGAIN but with reduced ammo and health.

I'm not sure were there any other places where I encountered the same problem.

Message 4 of 5 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
3 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Yep, same thing. And I haven't encountered it anywhere else so far either. I figured out how the mechanics worked there though, and then I just had a second savegame that I could load every time I screwed up. It was a bit annoying, but a much nicer workaround then going all the way from the hotel lobby each time.
Message 5 of 5 (73 Views)
0 Likes