Highlighted
Nov 19 2013
By: HugoStiglitz_420 Splicer 44 posts

Why no option to swap the analog sticks? AKA Southpaw

1 replies 128 views Edited Nov 19, 2013

Skip to the end for the important part

So, myself and a ton of other players over at Killzone's website  were pretty furious that Killzone Shadow Fall didn't have support for a southpaw sticks configuration, or an option to swap the analog sticks. Killzone 1, 2, and 3 all had this option, so it was unexpected that SF didn't to say the least.

The Last of Us is guilty of the same thing. Uncharted 2 and 3 both had the option to swap the sticks, and Last of Us doesn't. What worries me is that Uncharted 4 is coming out at some point. I want to get the game but I will be once again unable to compete online if they don't have the option in there. 

There are many players like me, who started out on Nintendo 64 playing games like Goldeneye, Turok 1, or Perfect Dark, and on the N64 controller, there was only a stick on the left, so southpaw was really the only viable option.

The majority of games have the option, so most of us have not had to learn default.

Uncharted 2 and 3 both had the option to swap the sticks, so I'm sure I'm not alone when I assumed that the Last of Us would have it too, we were wrong. I've been trying to bug Naughty Dog about this since it released, and I've had no luck.

Meanwhile, Blacklight Retribution releases on PS4 for FREE, without a southpaw sticks option as well. I hit up Zack Geritzen from zombie studios about it, and literally that night, I got word that it was already in the patch notes for their next update.

It's BS when a free to play game is more supportive of it's players than a game that costs $60 friggin dollars.

/Rant over

What I'm trying to say is if you want southpaw sticks, or a swap sticks option added to the Last of Us, HIT THEM UP ON TWITTER.

Here are some members of the team, and I'm trying to find more:

@Naughty_Dog

@Bruce_Straley

@NathanHorneTD

@Neil_Druckmann

Message 1 of 2 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Re: Why no option to swap the analog sticks? AKA Southpaw

Nov 26, 2013

I just removed that game from my PS4. 

Its unbelievable that we are entering 2014 and games still lacking configuration options. Amazing how they wont put somwthing so simple in the game.Just stupid

Message 2 of 2 (93 Views)
0 Likes