Jun 27 2014
By: JoeDreamer54 First Son 2 posts

game does not show up when disc is put in ps3

3 replies 2287 views Edited Jun 27, 2014

I just bought The last of us and put the disc in my console and no game shows up when i open up the top its spinning but thats about it I turned off the system took the disc out put it back in turned the system on but still no game I dont understand why this is happining it does not do this with any other disc i have

thanks

joe s

Message 1 of 4 (2,287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Re: game does not show up when disc is put in ps3

Jul 5, 2014

Hi @JoeDreamer54 

Welcome to the forums!

Suggestions:

• Ensure that the disc is clean and has no dust, fingerprints, or scratches.
  • If possible, try using a different disc of the game and see if the problem still occurs.
  • Also, try restoring the file system in Safe Mode. 

Sincerely, 

Rogue Ewok

Message 2 of 4 (2,256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 6, 2014

I have the same issue with my Last of Us disc. It wont read properly on the Super Slim PS3 that my brother owns but it works just fine on my Slim PS3. Other games work just fine on his console. When I put the disc in it starts to spin like normal but then stops and struggles to spin before it just stops altogether. The icon never shows up on the XMB menu and an error message doesn't pop up. 

I have tried the solutions you listed. My disc is perfectly clean and works on other consoles and I did file system restore with no luck.

This may be related: apparently Bluray movies have trouble loading on my brothers console as well. Every other PS3 game works fine, but maybe that could shed light onto the issue?

Message 3 of 4 (2,243 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2014

@LilCopperWire 

There could be something wrong with the disc drive. I would contact Playstatin Support and see if they can help figure out what's causing the error and how to fix it. 

Also, welcome to the forums!

Message 4 of 4 (2,238 Views)
0 Likes