Sackboy
577 posts

Re: Seemingly Broken Game...Cannot get past first 5 minutes of Prologue

Jun 15, 2013

I have heard of quite a few people who have this glitch. Someone also has a video posted. I hope ND sees this and does something to fix this bit. It could also be due to some sort of an incompatibility with a particular model of the PS3.

If you have a friend who has a PS3 try it on there to see if its the same result, just to check and if possible.

-RyukDG

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/TheRyukDG || My Twitch: www.twitch.tv/TheRyukDG
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 344 (619 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Seemingly Broken Game..Cannot get past first 5 minutes of Prologue

Jun 15, 2013

That's going to be my next move. I currently have a PS3 slim. I've heard of issues with the Fat but how do you developed a game that isn't compatible with all versions of the system? I mean at least take it into consideration and test it. Make us aware prior to release. I understand game development isn't clean cut and there are many variables that could affect the experience, but the oversight causes the consumer to (quite literally) pay for it in the end.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 344 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 15, 2013
I have a 2008 fat and its running TLOU with no problems. So these issues arent affecting all fat models.

Quite frankly though i dont know what can cause this issue.
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 344 (612 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 15, 2013

So these really seem to be random bugs left and right. 

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 344 (607 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Game breaking bug that isn't related to autosaving!

Jun 15, 2013

i have the 160GB slim, purchased 2010. I actually got it to load up and i thought i was good to go but then screen went blank and it just did nothing. Had to quit via XMB. My other games work fine, it seems my system doesnt like this game. Im exchanging disk today and hoping it works but im doubting it will. Looks like im out $91. Never again will i get something on day of release. If i had read about these issues, i would have passed. Oh well.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 344 (494 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 15, 2013

i just cleaned my ps3, same thing happens. the pausing and the stretching of the character models are still happening, also the audio is still out of sync

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 344 (595 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 15, 2013

That vid is exactly whats been happening to mine. Car turns on and thats the end of that.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 344 (585 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 15, 2013
Like lots of people here have all the problems, freezes, no voices... Tried all 'sollutions' seems to me that everytime i get into trouble it happens during cutscenes loading. Hope this helps! Hang in there guys, i am sure people at nd are working very hard to solve this problem so we can all enjoy this amazing game! Peace
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 344 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 15, 2013

javarush2 wrote:

i just cleaned my ps3, same thing happens. the pausing and the stretching of the character models are still happening, also the audio is still out of sync

I'm quite positive that these issues has to do with software and not hardware. Based on the fact, that my game reacts differently dependent on whether it's 1.00 or 1.01. Can't be hardware.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 344 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Going to open up my PS3 and try cleaning the lens today.  Hopefully that works but I'm not too optimistic.  

---
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 344 (564 Views)
0 Likes