Sep 18 2013
By: irishsteve First Son 4 posts

Major Cutscene issues on TLOU

4 replies 216 views Edited Sep 18, 2013

Bug - Since reaching Bill, every cut scene crashes. The screen goes black, but the audio keeps playing. The accompanying video will eventually start to play, but will freeze after a second. Once the audio finishes, every few mins the video plays very quickly for a few seconds (as if playing catchup), but then freezes again. The whole thing will normally take approx 20 mins to complete, then the game plays as normal when you control Joel again.

System - PS3 60GB Fat version (original release console)

Region - UK/Europe

Anyone else gotten this issue? It's driving me nuts!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Re: Major Cutscene issues on TLOU

Sep 18, 2013
A lot of fat PS3 owners are having issues with the game. Try your disc on a friend's slim PS3 if they have one and see if the problem occurs. Then we can rule out the disc being faulty.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (209 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 18, 2013

I fixed it! If anyone is having the same issue, try this:

Go to your PS3 config settings, and change the video settings on your HDMI output from 'Limited' (default) to 'Complete'. The cut scenes all play now, and as a bonus the game loads MUCH faster than before!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (193 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 10, 2013
Bs. This doesn't work. I changed the setting. Still goes black starting with any bill scenes.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (134 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2013

Thanks dude! Froze up on me in the hospital elevator over a dozen times and your post helped me past this freeze up. GRATITUDE!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)
0 Likes