Jun 17 2013
By: Ryuu-jin882 Wastelander 809 posts

The Last of Us glitch in the Hotel Lobby

13 replies 7125 views Edited Jun 17, 2013

Has anyone else come across a glitch in the hotel lobby (after exiting the sewers using the cardkey) where the ladder is missing?

It was obvious what ledge to climb up, but after thirty minutes of running around and combing faqs I still could not find the ladder. I restarted the mission and the ladder was right below the ledge. Highly annoying.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (7,125 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: The Last of Us glitch in the Hotel Lobby

Jun 19, 2013

The exact same thing happened to me. Wasted about 20 minutes running back and forth looking for the ladder. Finally googled it and everyone was saying the ladder is right in front of you on the ground so you "can't" miss it. Figured it was a bug and reloaded and viola, there it was.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (6,925 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 25, 2013

i'm stuck at same place with different bug... ladder is there ok but after the short tussle on the floor i get a black screen, presumably its a cut scene because i can press start and "skip movie" but this just causes my system to lock up, tried reloading.. same thing, can't get past this point. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (6,561 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 25, 2013

ok..after 3 forced system shutdowns i crafted a few items before the tussle to change things a bit

and it seems ok again.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (6,558 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10744 posts

Jun 25, 2013

It was Ellie who actually found the ladder for me in the hotel. I wasn't even looking for one. Just going about my slow-paced merry way looking for items to loot. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (6,554 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jun 25, 2013

GrayGargoyle wrote:

It was Ellie who actually found the ladder for me in the hotel. I wasn't even looking for one. Just going about my slow-paced merry way looking for items to loot. :smileywink:

That's a different area, when you first enter the hotel, before you're seperated from Ellie. This area we are discussing is at the end of the hotel mission. BTW, don't forget the safe. I believe there is a part you can shimmy across to get the safe combination.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (6,552 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

@oxXDAZXxo

That's good. That glitch sounds way worse!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (6,551 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 29, 2013

For me, the ladder got stuck under the roof and I could not get it to the ledge.

I went the wrong way, back to the kitchen area. So, I got under that part where the roof is lower but could not get out again when I saw the right ledge. 

Luckily the auto save was just after clearing the room of the thugs. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (6,406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Yes, and after going through the faqs myself, I also discovered that there was supposed to be a Bloater in the laundry area before that, which was not there. Then there was some mention of people being in that kitchen/dining area.

I ended up spending 20 minutes looking for anything that I could move to climb to that ledge before I gave up.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (6,277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Sounds like i'm having the same problem from the Hotel lobby, only I was able to wait out the system lock up and the game comes back.  Now every cutscene, the same thing happens

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (6,250 Views)
0 Likes