Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 31 2013
By: Nate3963 Gaming Beast 2055 posts

1999 Mode for TLoU?

29 replies 470 views Edited Mar 31, 2013

So, I'm going into 1999 mode for Bioshock Infinite today and I'm pretty excited.  

I started up this thread because I wanted to see if other people would want a mode like this too in TLoU. Seeing in the demos so far, ammo and supplies are relatively aplenty as long as you take time to search a drawer/corpse or two.

A True Survivor mode or something like that.   

I enjoy extremely difficult modes like this because it adds replay value to the game and gives a defintie challenge. 

Bioshock Infinite 1999 mode could transcend quite easily to TLoU. Putting even more emphasis on survival and scavenging. Possibly, giving a limited amount of lives and limited checkpoints throughout the game. Making the game even more tense because a death can set you back a few chapters. Which would make people really think "do I really want to fight these guys or should I sneak around and save ammo for an emergency?"

Having a mode like this would be really cool and I hope ND implements something like it for the game. Maybe giving something like a crushing star or a customizable thing for MP.  

Leave what you think below. 

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (470 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Mar 31, 2013

I'm certainly hoping for a 4th difficulty level in TLOU. I was very glad to see one in Bioshock Infinite. I haven't started in 1999, yet, but I certainly will. I really like to go my first playthrough on hard and second playthrough on an even harder mode.

I hope the 4th difficulty doesn't go heavy on the limited checkpoint thing. I like the 4th difficulty in Dead Space games; but I didn't really wanna play on Hardcore (5th diff) (very limited checkpoints). In 1999 in Infinite, you can at least start per chapter - so I heard.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 31, 2013
@OffTopic: 1999 mode on Bioshock Infinite was really easy and I played through on my first gameplay,I admit I had problems with turrets,Handymen,and the Siren at first but once you learn your Vigor and Weapons it's really easy. I also got the Scavenger Hunt trophy for beating 1999 without using Dollar Bill machine.Even if I didn't play 1999 I still explored my enviroment so that was easy and resources were really really plentiful,I missed ONE infusion bottle so I missed a trophy on that too,and I have another 20% to go. The last part of the game wasn't even hard aside from when Elizabeth was............................

@OnTopic:
I do hope they add it,I love playing games on the hardest difficulty,mainly because I just try to platinum games fast,I think True Survivor sounds cheesy like they couldn't think of something. I'd expect the hardest mode to be called Infected or something.
Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah it'd be great to have a mode like that. 1999 mode in Bioshock wasn't too challenging, though, as long as you upgrade the shield and conserve you cash for revives.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 31, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:
Yeah it'd be great to have a mode like that. 1999 mode in Bioshock wasn't too challenging, though, as long as you upgrade the shield and conserve you cash for revives.

My method was maxing Salt -> Shield -> Health. Also by the end of the game I had an extra 3,300$ Silver Eagle to spend,I would've spent it on upgrades if I knew I couldn't go back because I didn't die once at the final fight.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Mar 31, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:
@OffTopic: 1999 mode on Bioshock Infinite was really easy and I played through on my first gameplay,I admit I had problems with turrets,Handymen,and the Siren at first but once you learn your Vigor and Weapons it's really easy. I also got the Scavenger Hunt trophy for beating 1999 without using Dollar Bill machine.Even if I didn't play 1999 I still explored my enviroment so that was easy and resources were really really plentiful,I missed ONE infusion bottle so I missed a trophy on that too,and I have another 20% to go. The last part of the game wasn't even hard aside from when Elizabeth was............................

@OnTopic:
I do hope they add it,I love playing games on the hardest difficulty,mainly because I just try to platinum games fast,I think True Survivor sounds cheesy like they couldn't think of something. I'd expect the hardest mode to be called Infected or something.

I'm pretty sure you have to unlock 1999 mode by beating the game first.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

CyborgHippo wrote:

@OnTopic:

Nope,Konami code can unlock it too. I can't prove I can prove it to you if you want,I'll take a screenshot of my achievements.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Yeah I'm playing it now, not too difficult if you play carefully. But, I'm not using the Dollar Bill's either for a trophy, so that makes it alot harder for me at least.   

The two firemen I've faced, I immeadieately high tail it in the opposite direction. Haha.  

Hopefully TLoU has a increased difficulty setting like 1999, with a couple other things that don't work in your favor. I always like to do the hardest difficulty, makes me feel powerful. :smileyvery-happy:  

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Mar 31, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

CyborgHippo wrote:

@OnTopic:

Nope,Konami code can unlock it too. I can't prove I can prove it to you if you want,I'll take a screenshot of my achievements.

I can back you up on that Cyborg. A code at the menu can unlock 1999 mode.

And I would love to see a mode like this in TLOU, though I'm pretty sure ND have this set already.

[Yes this siggy is very creative]
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (403 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Yeah I'm playing it now, not too difficult if you play carefully. But, I'm not using the Dollar Bill's either for a trophy, so that makes it alot harder for me at least.   

The two firemen I've faced, I immeadieately high tail it in the opposite direction. Haha.  

Hopefully TLoU has a increased difficulty setting like 1999, with a couple other things that don't work in your favor. I always like to do the hardest difficulty, makes me feel powerful. :smileyvery-happy:  

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I only play hardest difficulty for faster platinum since I'm not the type of person who goes "I'M REPLAY THIS LIKE  5 TIMES!" I just can't do it,at max I can replay a game two times but after that it might have to wait a couple years.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (390 Views)
0 Likes