Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Apr 3, 2013

No Listen Mode? Haha.  

 

Yeah, that sounds good to me. Thanks for the support.


Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (163 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/07/2010
Offline
363 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Can't go wrong with Bioshock Infinite! I heard lots of folks too say the first Bioshock was even better than this and I think that will be the game i will try to beat next just to see if the majority of the folks are correct.

 

LOL studio35. No xray mode sounds awesome.

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Apr 3, 2013

sinta0531 wrote:

Can't go wrong with Bioshock Infinite! I heard lots of folks too say the first Bioshock was even better than this and I think that will be the game i will try to beat next just to see if the majority of the folks are correct.

 

LOL studio35. No xray mode sounds awesome.


I would say they're both even. As the gameplay in Bioshock Infinite is much more improved,the Vigors (Infinite) have much better effects and are extremely more useful than Plasmids (Bioshock 1/2) don't get me wrong,a lot of Plasmids in Bioshock 1/2 are useful too,but Bioshock Infinite again the effects are really amazing while Plasmids are basic and many Plasmids are useful too but Vigors you feel like constantly changing.

 

Than there's guns,this is really to personal opinion,but I like Bioshock 1 weapons better,there's a Chemical Thrower weapon that kind of acts like a Plasmid,all guns in Bioshock 1 have three ammo types to change from,and the Crossbow is my favorite weapon in the entire game of Bioshock 1,though in Bioshock 1 I believe you start using a smaller variety of guns though until you can upgrade all the weapons (which takes awhile) and another plus is the gun changes appearances as you upgrade it, while Bioshock Infinite, it stays the same,though I love the guns in Infinite too,mostly using the Sniper Rifle.

 

Than comes the melee weapons,the trusty Wrench (Bioshock 1) or the amazing Sky-Hook (Infinite),you can melee the entire game on the hardest difficulty with all the amazing passives and upgrades for it,while the Sky-Hook for Infinite might be more difficult,I personally love the wrench and always will.

 

Than comes the enemies,personally the Splicers (Bioshock 1/2) are the best enemies the game can give you,they discuss like human beings,they have emotions,they're crazy,and there's some scenes where it makes you want to cry. (Two Splicers dancing on their anniversary despite their city going to hell),than the Little Sisters + Big Daddy relationship is beautiful,and honestly it beats the Songbird + Elizabeth relationship,though Songbird beats Big Daddy in my opinion. The Handymen and Boys of Silence in Bioshock Infinite are really tragic though,you really emotionally pity the Handymen,and the Boy of Silence they only give a slight backstory sadly though they're pretty sad too. I would say they're tied because even though the enemies in Bioshock 1 are more emotional and have personalities and the Handymen being the only enemy with personality,there's a bigger variety of special enemies so even.

 

Than comes cities,they're both amazing,the only thing Columbia wins in is Skylines in my personal opinion or I'd probably say Rapture is better,both are beautifully crafted. Than the endings,both are amazing so those are tied too,and both have great plot twists to both games. I'd highly recommend you play 1 and Infinite (2 you might like,but only seen one person who has loved 2),and I highly doubt you'll love the games.

 

If you do decide to play Bioshock,I recommend you join the 2K Forum community,they're really kind and cool,I recently joined their forum and already have 1000 posts on there,and I'm trying to contribute to the community as much as possible,and currently trying tobe the first person to beat Infinite on the hardest difficulty with a Sky-Hook.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (146 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4263 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Apr 4, 2013
My gosh, this mode is harder than Uncharted Crushing and Dante Must Die. I died several times per checkpoint, and I even haven't reach Elizabeth yet. Enemies become godly superhumans. I have to go back to last checkpoint to get more health, salts, and ammo. I am decent enough with FPS, but there is almost no stealth, and I have to use vipors wisely at every moments. I almost didn't enjoy this mode, but this is what a true survivor is all about. I hope TLoU gives me enough stealth, making "Crushing" more bearable and not that I want Listen Mode in.

Questions for the fans: What's the difference between choosing the bird and the cage? I can't see how it impacts the whole game.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (124 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Apr 4, 2013

Fred there is no difference between the bird and the cage unfortunately. Just a choice. :/

 

I feel the same about 1999 mode, I hope a true survivor mode is implemented into TLoU. I love the extra challenge, even if it is slighly discouraging.  

 

Thanks for the feedback and support!


Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (120 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Apr 4, 2013

FredFai wrote:
My gosh, this mode is harder than Uncharted Crushing and Dante Must Die. I died several times per checkpoint, and I even haven't reach Elizabeth yet. Enemies become godly superhumans. I have to go back to last checkpoint to get more health, salts, and ammo. I am decent enough with FPS, but there is almost no stealth, and I have to use vipors wisely at every moments. I almost didn't enjoy this mode, but this is what a true survivor is all about. I hope TLoU gives me enough stealth, making "Crushing" more bearable and not that I want Listen Mode in.

Questions for the fans: What's the difference between choosing the bird and the cage? I can't see how it impacts the whole game.

Really it's hard? I died four times total for my first playthrough on 1999. Anyways none of the choices you make matter,though if you steal,a group of people usually come to attack you (sometimes)

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
520 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:



Really it's hard? I died four times total for my first playthrough on 1999. Anyways none of the choices you make matter,though if you steal,a group of people usually come to attack you (sometimes)


Hey... I've seen you there in the 2K Forums.

 

I liked your analysis. I disagree about the Chemical Thrower, because it made the elemental Plasmids obsolete, so you could have and upgrade pretty much all the (other) Plasmids at once and in one playthrough. I could have the whole Plamids arsenal at once, except Security Bullseye and Hypnotize Big Daddy. Being able to fully upgrade all weapons in a single playthrough was also kinda bad, imo.

 

I prefered Infinite in this regard, cause I could upgrade only half the Vigors and only four weapons on my 1st playthrough, which makes the second one more exciting, cause I want to explore the other Vigors and weapons.

 

And I am one of the guys who love Bioshock 2. Sadly it is the one with the less good pace (the game encourages you to hack everything), where you can got the most OP. The game grows easier and actually gets easy, where as in Bioshock 1, you grew easier (because of the hard start) but didn't actually get easy. And Infinite has an excellent difficulty growth, mostly because they didn't make the beginning too hard, like in its predecessors.

 

I recommend all of them. Even if you care a lot about graphics (like I do), Bioshock 1 will probably be OK in your eyes, even though it's from 2007.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (105 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Apr 6, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

CyborgHippo wrote:



Really it's hard? I died four times total for my first playthrough on 1999. Anyways none of the choices you make matter,though if you steal,a group of people usually come to attack you (sometimes)


Hey... I've seen you there in the 2K Forums.

 

I liked your analysis. I disagree about the Chemical Thrower, because it made the elemental Plasmids obsolete, so you could have and upgrade pretty much all the (other) Plasmids at once and in one playthrough. I could have the whole Plamids arsenal at once, except Security Bullseye and Hypnotize Big Daddy. Being able to fully upgrade all weapons in a single playthrough was also kinda bad, imo.

 

I prefered Infinite in this regard, cause I could upgrade only half the Vigors and only four weapons on my 1st playthrough, which makes the second one more exciting, cause I want to explore the other Vigors and weapons.

 

And I am one of the guys who love Bioshock 2. Sadly it is the one with the less good pace (the game encourages you to hack everything), where you can got the most OP. The game grows easier and actually gets easy, where as in Bioshock 1, you grew easier (because of the hard start) but didn't actually get easy. And Infinite has an excellent difficulty growth, mostly because they didn't make the beginning too hard, like in its predecessors.

 

I recommend all of them. Even if you care a lot about graphics (like I do), Bioshock 1 will probably be OK in your eyes, even though it's from 2007.


Really? Have you posted in the 2K forums,no lie I was thinking "Hmm... Solid_Altair,is he on 2K forums?" And thanks,I have no life so I post frequently there. Also I have to disagree about your disagreement,indeed it did kind of ruin the purpose of Plasmids,but it gave more opportunities for others! And I didn't mind that,especially since most of the guns you upgrade towards the end most likely won't be used as much as your main upgraded guns anyways.

 

Is it by any chance you played you played Bioshock 2 first? I think Bioshock 2 would've probably been my favorite if I played that first and than Bioshock 1 or probably would've had an better experience at least since things just seemed reptitive afterwards,though I have to admit the Research in Bioshock 2 was amazing,though I didn't like the hacking. And Bioshock Infinite is really just easy to begin with in my opinion,the same for Bioshock 1 Survivor's mode,really only hard part probably with Bioshock 1 is the Big Daddy transformation.

 

I've already beated Bioshock 1/2 so I'm not sure if you were directing that towards the guy who wanted to check out the series. Though I personally prefer gameplay and storyline,I don't really care about graphics,and I recently got into the Bioshock series two months ago.

 

On the other hand,you should check out my melee-only gameplay on the 2K forum,I've been actively keeping update about my progress and it's really not that hard.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
520 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Apr 6, 2013

^

 

Wait. How the hell do you know I played Bioshock 2, first? :smileytongue: Yes I did. And I think it was good, actually. The biggest problem with Bioshock 2 seems to be that it is too familiar, too similar to the 1st. I didn't have this problem, so I utterly loved it.

 

I'll check out your Melee Playthrough thread. I'm quite impressed by the concept. I was even thinking about a melee + pistol playthrough, kinda like in Dead Space 1 Plasma Cutter Trophy. Anyway, I'm still ending my second playthrough on hard, before jumping on my 3rd, on 1999 (with whole arsenal). Then, maybe, later, I'll entertain the idea of some fancy 1999 playthrough with arsenal limitations.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (72 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/26/2013
Offline
1577 posts
 

Re: 1999 Mode for TLoU?

Apr 6, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

^

 

Wait. How the hell do you know I played Bioshock 2, first? :smileytongue: Yes I did. And I think it was good, actually. The biggest problem with Bioshock 2 seems to be that it is too familiar, too similar to the 1st. I didn't have this problem, so I utterly loved it.

 

I'll check out your Melee Playthrough thread. I'm quite impressed by the concept. I was even thinking about a melee + pistol playthrough, kinda like in Dead Space 1 Plasma Cutter Trophy. Anyway, I'm still ending my second playthrough on hard, before jumping on my 3rd, on 1999 (with whole arsenal). Then, maybe, later, I'll entertain the idea of some fancy 1999 playthrough with arsenal limitations.


I'm basically writing a guide if you're interested for my 1999 mode playthrough,I rarely use Devil's Kiss and Murder of Crow and have been spamming Possession frequently,but just read about it in my thread,it's called "Sky Splicer Challenge [Made up]

 

Also that trophy was fun! I planned on platinuming Dead Space 1 last week since I bought it last year and never platinumed it,I just need to beat the game on Survivor,thirty kills on every weapon,and the thousand dislembering or whatever necromorphs! I'm really just scared to platinum Dead Space 2 since my first time was an complete utter failure!

 

And it's not odd to like Bioshock 2 if you played it first,since playing Bioshock 1 you casually think,"Just seems like a downgraded version of 2..." while people who normally played Bioshock 1 first would go,"Just seems like a repeat of 1...." Also ItsCwiss,a member of the 2K forum has the same feeling as you,he played Bioshock 2 first,therefore he likes it more.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes