Jul 10 2013
By: Splatteregg Fender Bender 3659 posts

46 minutes 'till last Checkpoint...

7 replies 249 views Edited Jul 10, 2013
Panic, panic, PANIC ATTACK!
I'm on survivor in the area based on the Checkpoint map, I have near-invisible health, little ammo and about 4 Hunters searching for me as I screwed up my stealth.

Literally before I reset encounter I noticed its going to put me back 46 minutes! WHAT!? That's like the area with the Bloater and the Stalkers for the first time!

Would a manual save in a safe location sort this out? I am worried that if I get so much as shot once in dead and have to do nearly an hour if gameplay again!

Any help is... I can't spell apresheated
(App-re-she-ated)
Message 1 of 8 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Re: 46 minutes 'till last Checkpoint...

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

If you save manually you can start from the place you saved, even in combat, I think. If autosave brings you back 46 mins you can load the game from your manual save. :smileytongue:

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 2 of 8 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Ok thanks. I have saved but still going to tackle this just incase it doesn't work.
Doesn't help with the bright sun shining on my TV.
Message 3 of 8 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Pull the curtains? :smileytongue:

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 4 of 8 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jul 10, 2013
I have blinds. They are the definition of Rubbish.
Also I DID IT! Strangled two guys, Bowed the other then Bricked and broke the last guys face!

Can't confirm if the manual saving works though.
Message 5 of 8 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Manual saves during combat or the middle of a level don't work. I tried to save during the 'Tunnel of Doom and Death' right before the two bloaters at the end and every time I would load the save, it'd place me back at the beginning with the first clicker.
-----------
Message 6 of 8 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Jul 10, 2013
On my first playthrough on survivor I had several incidents where if I reset the encounter I would be set nearly an hour. I had to replay these encounters several times, as I refused to waste ammo on something that could be stealthed. Congrats on muscling through it, OP. it would not have been a fun time otherwise.
Message 7 of 8 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

During my first Survivor playthrough I had a similar problem. I never manually saved once I just let it auto save but I was being careless with ammo and using melee, so I got to the sewer room when you're with Sam and you pretty much need to clear the room full of clickers and stalkers, I had 2 shorty shots and like 5 pistol shots.. and a tiny bit of health so of course I died over and over then tried stealth it for like an hour but in the end I had to start the game all over. At least I think I did but it helped regardless because now I was very wary of ammo and came to find that stealthing made this difficulty **bleep** easy lol.

photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 8 of 8 (124 Views)
0 Likes