Mar 12 2013
By: loakum Wastelander 768 posts
Accepted Solution

A GREAT Idea for The Last of Us

[ Edited ]
4 replies 324 views Edited Mar 12, 2013

I was looking at a youtube video about TLOU panel at last year's Comic Con, when I read a comment so genius, that it begged to be shared...perhaps even ND would consider the following:

"I wish they (Naughty Dog) will introduce extremely rare events where non-scripted survivors (a.i.) don't shoot you on sight, or that don't shoot you at all. That would be EXTREMELY convincing in showing players, there is no 'bad or good' archetypes, but rather survivors. Think about it, somewhere randomly in the game, you go in and you aim your weapons at some survivors (and maybe kill one) but they don't shoot back, and they become terrified of you. That would make YOU feel like the enemy, and it would be GREAT!"

- (youtube commentor) Hfajardo97

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewB12Y_rqd0[/url]

Message 1 of 5 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5546 posts

Re: A GREAT Idea for The Last of Us

Mar 12, 2013

Sounds just like in "I Am Alive", aside from the non-scripted part.

Message 2 of 5 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Mar 12, 2013

loakum wrote:

I was looking at a youtube video about TLOU panel at last year's Comic Con, when I read a comment so genius, that it begged to be shared...perhaps even ND would consider the following:

"I wish they (Naughty Dog) will introduce extremely rare events where non-scripted survivors (a.i.) don't shoot you on sight, or that don't shoot you at all. That would be EXTREMELY convincing in showing players, there is no 'bad or good' archetypes, but rather survivors. Think about it, somewhere randomly in the game, you go in and you aim your weapons at some survivors (and maybe kill one) but they don't shoot back, and they become terrified of you. That would make YOU feel like the enemy, and it would be GREAT!"

- (youtube commentor) Hfajardo97

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewB12Y_rqd0[/url]

The Last of Us already has that, Naughty Dog explained in an interview that what they call 'the balance of power', so if Joel has a revolver with ammo and the opponents have melee weapons only they will hide or try to attack you from behind, likewise if Joel has to fight against the military, who are well equiped and have armor, Joel can't kill them with guns because if he exposes himself he is a dead man, also they said in the interview that indeed that are no good and bad archetypes, so don't worry, it will be in there...

Anyway, comments are not copyrighted or something, so you don't have to tell who wrote it and where Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Mar 12, 2013

you can never be too careful with giving folks credit. lol, anyway, thanx.

Message 4 of 5 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I am surprised none of that stuff happens. It would be pretty cool.  Especially if they were near some infected, making it hard to realise that they aren't infected.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VBc8MeR.jpg?1[/IMG]
Message 5 of 5 (157 Views)
0 Likes