Feb 01 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

A dynamic story? And some other cool info I found from some interviews

[ Edited ]
8 replies 10987 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

So I was reading the Neogaf forum and I came across some cool info from some old interviews and some foreign interviews. Could be known already on this forum, but I sure hadn't known

- Vehicles may be optional. 

"We don’t have a vehicle sequence—a driving sequence—per se, but we have vehicles that you can procure...So, yeah, there’ll be different vehicles—different means of transportation—that you’ll find throughout the journey...You’re going to be able to see multiple environments quicker through this game if you get a vehicle and it gives Joel and Ellie a great goal to find one."

The key word in that quote being 'if'. I wonder how exactly this system would work. I may be reading it wrong, but it defintely seems that you'll have the choice or option to use or not use vehicles or choose from different vehicles.

- There are smoke bombs in the game.

"The smoke bomb is a great way to break this line of sight, and to go somewhere they don’t expect. The smoke bomb also creates a small concussive burst, so it allows you to rush them as well."

- You can craft more dangerous weapons

"Likewise with the crafting system. If I’ve scavenged enough of the environment, maybe I found a pair of scissors and some twine. I could wrap the twine around the scissors and onto my pipe, and now I have a stronger melee weapon."

last of us.jpg

Message 1 of 9 (10,987 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Re: A dynamic story? And some other cool info I found from some interviews

Feb 1, 2013

OMG mate..iwas reading the same article today for the first time and I thought about making a forum page exactly about the same points that u mentioned here.Dang I guess great minds do think alike, and the weapon crafting sounds amazing...

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/moesoulman/dark_zps855e1df8.gif
Message 2 of 9 (10,934 Views)
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Feb 1, 2013

ARGH I WANNA PLAY IT. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 9 (10,931 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

VERY interesting. "If  if if you find a vehicle, as if it is optional, is how I read that as well. Hmmm, how in the world would that work seeing as this game is linear-style and not open world? Maybe you can choose if you meet certain people? We know meeting Bill is how you can get a car, what if you could just not meet Bill because you could decide a car wasn't priority? Or, perhaps, you have to meet Bill, but can use the favor he owes you for other things, instead of a car?

Well, now I'm itching to find out!!!

Message 4 of 9 (10,924 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Feb 1, 2013

i wonder if it will be similar to Alpha Protocol... ?  I doubt it, but in AP the game would play out differently based on decisions you have made in previous levels.

I wonder if TLOU will feature an element like this.

Message 5 of 9 (10,917 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Cool dynamic story, bro!

That all sounds great. Good find.
Message 6 of 9 (10,875 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

I'd love to see how it works and it would be great if there is a diversity based on the decisions that leads to more than one ending (Alternative endings based on the decisions you make across the entire game)

Message 7 of 9 (10,847 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Feb 2, 2013

I'd love it if skipping any and all vehicles was an option.  That's different from what most people want but, I despise when a game forces a vehicle section/moment/segment.  For example, Borderlands; toward the beginning of the game you must drive cars to access parts of the world, and I hated it.

In TLOU especially I would rather hoof it everywhere if at all possible (and it should always be possible).  I want my gaming experience to be as drawn out as possible, not for the sake of it, but to experience the world at the pace of a survivor struggling to press onward.

Message 8 of 9 (10,800 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Sounds great, let's see if it really works like this.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 9 of 9 (10,659 Views)
0 Likes