Jun 04 2013
By: X_Skynet_X Lombax Warrior 172 posts

A little sad about the MP video.

[ Edited ]
6 replies 245 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

First off, it's a hell of a bout **bleep** time we got to see a video of it! That took forever, But I'm very happy we Finally got one.

I liked almost everything I saw in this video except ONE aspect that has not been completely ruled out yet but IM pretty sure is gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejL44YihoU8

The Melee system. We saw punching and kicking and some 2x4 action, which was all fantastic. But at 2:50 I'm pretty sure his character should have slammed that guy into the truck, or something environmental, like the SP. You'know, with the desk slams and wall smacks? Plus, we never saw anyone get taken hostage, like a meatshield in SP. The only option to the downed guy was executing.

So will the MP melee be drastically different besides the punching, possibly dodge and counter, and maybe something else?

This was my biggest fear on the MP and I hope hope hope I'm super wrong. Smiley Sad

Thought's please!!

Message 1 of 7 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: A little sad about the trailer.

Jun 4, 2013
Aha you got me excited then! I thought ND had released a trailer.

I'm not entirely sure about the meter system yet, it could be that those players weren't very good yet. There might be some intricacies that we don't know about.

I hope there is a one-hit-kill Stealth attack from behind, but implemented better than U3's awful one.
Message 2 of 7 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Jun 4, 2013

That's not a trailer...

Message 3 of 7 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Aha you got me excited then! I thought ND had released a trailer.

I'm not entirely sure about the meter system yet, it could be that those players weren't very good yet. There might be some intricacies that we don't know about.

I hope there is a one-hit-kill Stealth attack from behind, but implemented better than U3's awful one.

Whoops, that was bad, sorry cal and cookie, I should have said video, Didn't mean a legit trailer.

What meter system? Was there a energy/fitness bar or something?

I'm fairly certain those players weren't the brightest of the bunch, you saw them sprinting and wasting ammo everywhere. So I'm sure they were just slapping square. Smiley Frustrated But we still didn't see any pop ups like the one that said execute. Maybe there won't be any for grabs and such... ?

Almost positive I read somewhere that there will be shivs to kill from behind and the front if you smoke bomb'em first.

Sorry again about the miss-leading title.

Message 4 of 7 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Re: A little sad about the MP video.

Jun 4, 2013
No sorry, I meant "melee". My phone auto-corrected it :/
Message 5 of 7 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
344 posts

Jun 4, 2013

i believe the "slamming head" thing might be a execution (Press and hold triangle) might require the player to have "x" amount of health and be in a certain postion to do it

sub sig

sig url -

Message 6 of 7 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jun 4, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
No sorry, I meant "melee". My phone auto-corrected it :/

Oh, darn. Smiley Sad

SuBLiMeShoTz wrote:

I believe the "slamming head" thing might be a execution (Press and hold triangle) might require the player to have "x" amount of health and be in a certain position to do it

If that was the case, why didn't he grab the downed guy and slam him against the school bus when doing the execution, unless it doesn't count as a wall/cover...

When he first ran up to the enemy that one 2x4 smack took him into a downed state. That makes me think if he was at x health that, that should have done a environmental, like the demo when you run at a weakened runner with the 2x4, how it slammed that runner into the wall with it.

Message 7 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes