Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Re: I personally think AC4 deserves to win. Don't get me wron...

Dec 23, 2013

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

I personally think AC4 deserves to win. Don't get me wrong, TLoU was an amazing game, but lets face it, there's better games then TLoU, and TLoU doesn't deserve every GoTY ever. 

I agree there are better games (not many though lol) but AC4??? Nah.

Message 11 of 17 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Dec 23, 2013

no1_narwhal_fan wrote:

TheNobleSquirrel wrote:

I personally think AC4 deserves to win. Don't get me wrong, TLoU was an amazing game, but lets face it, there's better games then TLoU, and TLoU doesn't deserve every GoTY ever. 

I agree there are better games (not many though lol) but AC4??? Nah.

I dont see any other game beat the storyline and emotions that are in this game, it is actually the best game ever, you know why? Its Naughty Dog Smiley Wink

Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 12 of 17 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Dec 24, 2013

What the hell. AC4 actually did have a good story. Most people for some reason don't realize this. AC4 listened to AC3's problems and actually fixed upon them. Stealth is actually able to be done, Assassinations are completely open, crafiting is actually good, and much more. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 13 of 17 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2013

Quote "Assassinations are completely open" un-quote
And therein lies the major problem with a game called Assassins Creed. Ubisoft has sold their souls to the almighty dollar leaving the soul of their franchise behind in order to just put out next years meal ticket and sell more games. When Assassins Creed lost the assassinations by making them a side mission and not the main point of the game like they were in the beginning they lost the franchise. They should have named this game pirates booty but I guess that wouldn't sell as well or help them milk millions out of their tired ole whored out franchise….Sad really I use to love AC.

Message 14 of 17 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Dec 24, 2013

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:

And therein lies the major problem with a game called Assassins Creed. Ubisoft has sold their souls to the almighty dollar leaving the soul of their franchise behind in order to just put out next years meal ticket and sell more games. When Assassins Creed lost the assassinations by making them a side mission and not the main point of the game like they were in the beginning they lost the franchise. They should have named this game pirates booty but I guess that wouldn't sell as well or help them milk millions out of their tired ole whored out franchise….Sad really I use to love AC.

Yay, look at me, I want a whole game to be about assassinating someone and not any deep storyline or depth in characters. Really? Have you played AC4? Assassinations were not "side missions" and were basically the main point of the game. What was Edward doing throughtout the game? Killing people. What broke up the killing of nobodies? Main assassinations. Really ticks me off when people brand this franchise as something it's not. If you had played AC4, and not just listened to some stupid review, you'd know that AC4 was actually good. But of course you wouldn't know that. Because you're too busy sucking on the TLOU's D. Don't get me wrong. TLOU was an amazing game. But that doesn't mean you can put down any other game because it's not "Game of The Generation" because not every game can be that. Considering that would make the reward pointless, wouldn't it? "Sad really I use to love AC". Before what? Before TLOU came out or before you listened to what other people called it and you decided to hop on their bandwagon?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 15 of 17 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Re: AC4 vs The Last of Us - Escapist GOTY

Dec 25, 2013

I bought AC4 in the hopes that it would be better than AC3. Turns out that that it was not only better, but it actually exceeded my level of expectation for this game. I love how close it feels to far cry 3. And crafting and hunting was actually useful. I also hate how people just look at the label "Assassin's Creed" and just turn it away as the same game. At least it changes the formula around to make things fresh. I can even go as far as to say that I liked AC4 more than GTA5 (although TLOU is still my GOTY). BTW, side missions on AC4 were the best parts. Nothing like taking down those legendary ships Smiley Wink

young beard signature
Message 16 of 17 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Bashilir wrote:

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:

Yay, look at me, I want a whole game to be about assassinating someone and not any deep storyline or depth in characters. Really? Have you played AC4? Assassinations were not "side missions" and were basically the main point of the game. What was Edward doing throughtout the game? Killing people. What broke up the killing of nobodies? Main assassinations. Really ticks me off when people brand this franchise as something it's not. If you had played AC4, and not just listened to some stupid review, you'd know that AC4 was actually good. But of course you wouldn't know that. Because you're too busy sucking on the TLOU's D. Don't get me wrong. TLOU was an amazing game. But that doesn't mean you can put down any other game because it's not "Game of The Generation" because not every game can be that. Considering that would make the reward pointless, wouldn't it? "Sad really I use to love AC". Before what? Before TLOU came out or before you listened to what other people called it and you decided to hop on their bandwagon?

There's no need to get hostile, dude. She has her own opinion, and you have yours. She doesn't like AC4, and you do, as do I. Just leave it at that.

Naughty Dogs #1 Fanboy!
"I hate cliff hangers." -Ellie.
Asshatery knows no boundaries.
Message 17 of 17 (116 Views)
0 Likes