Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Re: Aldro plays E3 area (2 videos!!)

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

olokazu wrote:

i dunno aldro, the A.I doesnt seem to be what you made of it in your thread :smileysad:

when you took that guy as hostage, his friend just stood still  even after you shot at him, he just kept standing in the same spot for you to kill him at your leisure, instead of running for cover or something

Actually no, you can see the guy holding his fire after Aldor took hostage and after being hit once, he started to disregard his buddy and started shooting at Aldro

not to mention i noticed that if you basically bum rush  everyone with a steel pipe or 2x4, you basically clear a room of enemies  going in auto-mode from one to the next, until your weapon breaks :smileytongue:  they dont seem to avoid you, counter your attacks or anything

He mostly attacked enemies without being seen and he hed an upgraded club. Had he attacked AWARE enemies head on even with an upgraded club, he would have died ten seconds into the fight. And they actually can avoid you, watch the 2 videos again.

and the last guys at the phsycho ver.  where you pointed a shotgun at point blank and yet he still rushed afer you   lol

Yeah, after you turned and walked away from him, he pulled his gun and shot at you. I would have done the exact same thing in his position, I wouldnt let Joel walk away.

in general i really dont get the feel that they try to protect themselves, no sense of preservstion

If there was a 1v1 standoff, they would have been more cautios but given that there were more of them, they were feeling balsy, more confident.

Also, I love it how you skipped mentioning anything about how helpful Ellie is, and how she never got spotted by anyone.

Message 31 of 46 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

olokazu wrote:

all im saying man is that i had high hopes about the game, the A.I they showed in the E3  was what gave me the biggest impression, it set the game apart from the rest of shooters

and Naughty Dog kept insisting on the legitimacy of their A.I "Balance of Power" system, even on the reddit Q&A that happened like yesterday, they got asked several times if the E3 A.I made it to the game, if the demonstration was actually legit  and they actually stated that not only the same system we saw at E3 is the exact one the game has right now, but it has several improvements from last year

why does the A.I i see in the full game seem lie a downgrade then :smileysad:

I know where you're coming from, I was upset about the AI at first too.

But dont blame ND. There's only so much they can do with the PS3.

But for the limits they were given, ND did a badass job with the AI! 

Enemies walking in scripted path is just something we'll have to deal with for now.

Hopefully next gen games will break that mold:smileywink:

& I was completley wrong!

ND did a great job of making Ellie "invisible". 

when an enemy is about to walk right past her/ignore her, she'll yell out or try to attack him. That's badass :smileyvery-happy:

Message 32 of 46 (338 Views)
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Jun 8, 2013

**bleep**, they really did go all out with the violence in this game. Good thing I pre ordered it.

Message 33 of 46 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Message 34 of 46 (300 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Re: Aldro plays E3 area (video)

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

studio35 wrote:

Dat lighting! 

That was really nice. It's nice to see how the AI waits for you to walk into a room...then chokeholds you! :smileysurprised:

The arrow is god-like! It's over 9000!!!

Weren't you the one that was saying "You guys are morons, the AI is terrible"? But it's good to see you lighten up.

Message 35 of 46 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 8, 2013

plaZeHD7 wrote:

studio35 wrote:

Dat lighting! 

That was really nice. It's nice to see how the AI waits for you to walk into a room...then chokeholds you! :smileysurprised:

Weren't you the one that was saying "You guys are morons, the AI is terrible"? But it's good to see you lighten up.

lol. I apologize. I was being a **bleep**! 

I got a reality check. 

Message 36 of 46 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 8, 2013

seanconor wrote:

**bleep**, they really did go all out with the violence in this game. Good thing I pre ordered it.

I know. It's insane. It's probably the most realistically violent game I've ever seen

Message 37 of 46 (260 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
875 posts

Jun 8, 2013

studio35 wrote:

plaZeHD7 wrote:

studio35 wrote:

Dat lighting! 

lol. I apologize. I was being a **bleep**! 

I got a reality check. 

Haha. I used to be like you. But I realized that waiting is the solution.

Message 38 of 46 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
872 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Glad so many are positive. I am truly loving it :smileyvery-happy:
Message 39 of 46 (159 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1209 posts

Jun 9, 2013

AI looked about as decent as Uncharted - hard to tell in a 2 min showcasing - the only thing I wish: when Aldro was shooting at the dude in the doorway, it would have been nice had the guy dodge out of the way; aside from that, I saw nothing shockingly off

Game looks great, even when shown with a camera pointed at the tv

Thanks a lot, Aldro

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 40 of 46 (142 Views)
0 Likes