Aug 11 2013
By: DMMGY1969 Hekseville Citizen 317 posts

Allow me to say...

[ Edited ]
21 replies 733 views Edited Aug 13, 2013

...that this is the most extraordinary game that I have played in my entire life.

I have absolutely no words to describe how amazing everything is in it.

It's graphics, it's gameplay, it's story, it's music, are things that I have never experienced before in any other  videogame...

The Uncharted series were awesome, well, The Last of Us is an OUTSTANDING game.

I'm on my way to beating it for the 4th time, and let me say that I'm enjoying it four times more than I did the first time, and I will most definitely play it a 5th time.

No need to say that I'm looking forward to all The Last of Us upcoming games (considering there are any to come).

Dear Naughty Dog, I know that you already know this, but Congratulations to the entire developing team on this astonishing videogame!

Yours sincerely, a very very happy fan!Smiley Happy

P.S. I would like to know everyone's opinion about the game, because it's a Game of The Year for me.Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 22 (733 Views)
Wastelander
580 posts

Re: Allow me to say...

Aug 11, 2013
Can't disagree with you there. Just finished my 5th playthrough and got my platinum trophy and still can't get enough of the game. I know games like Bioshock Infinite were great, GTA 5, and Beyond Two Souls most likely will but when it comes down to it the game of the year for me is TLOU. I don't care what anyone says. Its a masterpiece.
Message 2 of 22 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

First of all it can't be revolutionary if ND and other developers can't or won't follow suit.

Secondly, are you including MP in your hype?  For me the only thing good about TLoU is the SP adventure and action.

Thirdly I gather that TLoU will only have one (1) SP DLC.  The other two DLCs making up the Season Pass will focus on MP--no more SP.  Will there be TLoU2 in another year?  Who knows?  Will other developers jump on ND's bandwagon and bring real interactive action adventure with this new expensive motion capture voice acting technology?

I remain skeptical at this point because I see ND trying for MP aspects that don't interest me instead of SP that seems to be the primary interest of all of us.

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 3 of 22 (697 Views)
Wastelander
580 posts

Aug 11, 2013
@Ratsneve That is you're opinion. The MP is very enjoyable and involves a lot of teamwork. And I don't think the game needs multiple SP dlc. One is fine by me. They probably will make a sequel and when they do I know its going to be great.
Message 4 of 22 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure that there will be upcoming The Last of Us games, as people and reviewers have already said: "There are still many questions to be answered"

As for your other question, I'm not one for Multiplayer, but it is still amazing...

Message 5 of 22 (675 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Aug 11, 2013

It is the game of the year, singleplayer is awsome and the multiplayer is really great ! (it is the best MP of TPS games). Th e bad points are bugs i met in SP and some bugs in MP (when i searched players for a game i don't know what's happened,  i found myself in lobby and i lost without playing more of 50% of my survivors...)

Message 6 of 22 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 12, 2013

The game is marvelous, and I think there's only two games that can match this (being Linear also) as GOTY: BioShock Infinite and Beyond: Two Souls. I am really interested in Beyond: Two Souls, it looks great story-wise and graphics and everything. It's also from the same developer who did Heavy Rain.

Of course, there are non-linear games that will be awesome like GTA V, Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I think it's a linear game as GOTY closely followed by an open-world game or vice versa - linear game probably being The Last of Us and second place for GTA V.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 7 of 22 (574 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

You are correct, those upcoming games will be awesome!!!Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 22 (541 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Aug 12, 2013

The MP certainly has a share of problems, but I do have to say that it is one of the more fun online gaming experiences I have had.  Probably ranks fourth for me after the two Souls games and RDRedemption.  That said, fourth is a large chasm because I consider RDR unworthy outside of the co-op, which means half of the online experience I ignored.

It's strange because, with only the SP experience in mind, I consider TLoU to be one of the best games I have every played.  It is amazing in every way, and I don't have a single complaint.  Not one.  The few games I would consider just as good, or slightly better, I can find problems with, so TLoU is truly amazing in my eyes.

With the MP experience in consideration however, the game loses some points, and I easily believe the two Souls games to be better.

Message 9 of 22 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

homes500 wrote:
@Ratsneve That is you're opinion. The MP is very enjoyable and involves a lot of teamwork. And I don't think the game needs multiple SP dlc. One is fine by me. They probably will make a sequel and when they do I know its going to be great.

I remain skeptical at this point because I see ND trying for MP aspects that don't interest me instead of more SP story that seems to be the primary interest of all of us--even those who like the MP game.  Yes--more SP DLCs and SP sequels and for those who enjoy MP more MP--bring 'em on too.  It just kills me that there is only one SP DLC in design for my adventure that crys out for so much more.  I'll have to let the thoughts go and wait for the assumed sequels.  There still is nothing to draw me into the MP game.

IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...IMO...

~{Ratsneve}~
Message 10 of 22 (487 Views)
0 Likes