First Son
10 posts

Re: Allow me to say...

Aug 12, 2013

I agree 100%. One of the top 10-20 games I've ever played in my life....only dark souls/demon souls competes imho.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Aug 12, 2013

DMMGY1969 wrote:

^^ I can already tell you that Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV WILL NOT be Games of The Year on the PS3 just because of their poor gameplay. 

I own ALL the previous Assassin's Creed games (they are the main reason why I have bought a PS3) and they all have framedrops and are laggy while you're free-roaming (at least they do on my PS3), including Assassin's Creed III which uses the same Engine as Assassin's Creed IV.

In my opinion gameplay is very important in a game which is why I believe that AC:IV will not get a GOTY title.

Look at Far Cry 3 (made by the same developers, Ubisoft Montreal), beautiful game... awful gameplay in my opinion (most of the time the game runs below 20 FPS), and it didn't get GOTY title.

As for Watch Dogs, it may seem cool in the actual gameplay videos there are so far, but it's still an open-world game from Ubisoft, which means ~70% possibilities of framedrops...

Once again I'm talking about these games referring to the PS3 system. I have no idea how they will run on the next gen consoles.

Yeah, it's YOUR PS3. My AC games have never had any framedrops. I don't really get why you're blaming Ubisoft for something that isn't even their fault. It's the 10 year dated hardware they have to use. PS3 wouldn't have been able to handle TLOU if it had been Free-Roam. 

"Once again I'm talking about these games referring to the PS3 system."

Just no no no and no. You mean on YOUR PS3 system. Mine has played all those games perfectly fine. Please, stop talking for everyone when it's not even true.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

You are correct, it must have been my PS3...

Geoff FLYNN.png
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Aug 12, 2013

DMMGY1969 wrote:

^^ Trust me, ALL the Assassin's Creed have framedrops on every PS3 system, sometimes they are unnoticeable. I bought ACII a couple of months after I bought my PS3 and there were framedrops all over the place, whas there a problem with a brand new PS3? I don't think so...

And who said that I was blaming Ubisoft, at no point I said that Ubisoft has any fault for anything, all I said is that gameplay is an important thing in videogames, which involves framedrops, and I honestly don't think that it's a coincidence that ONLY the Ubisoft games I own  have framedrops. Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands (another Ubisoft title), which is a Linear game runs absolutely perfect.

Free-roam games are constantly loading the enviroment, THAT is what causes the framedrops, and it's impossible that your game doesn't have them or that it isn's laggy... maybe you just didn't noticed.

Did you play Assassin's Creed III, because a lot of people have been complaining about low FPS in Boston...

Yes, I played AC3 and it ran perfect. At no point I have experienced drop in framterate. Who said you were blaming ubisoft? IN YOUR POST , "As for Watch Dogs, it may seem cool in the actual gameplay videos there are so far, but it's still an open-world game from Ubisoft, which means ~70% possibilities of framedrops..."

Sounds like putting it on Ubisoft to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

Ok, well I'm not...

Geoff FLYNN.png
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

Man, AC was a great game when it first came out, I was all hyped up for the whole monk assassin thing (I had only seen the trailer), and when I found out it was about a dude from the future going back in time in a machine, I was a little dissapointed, but still managed to get my attention and acceptance in the end, even though it left a cliffhanger. AC2 was awesome and surpassed every flaw and gameplay issues the first game had, but ended up being a bigger plot mess. Then they just started milking the series to the point I don't even care about the story anymore, especially because they stopped innovating.

I don't know how to explain it, but it felt to me that they just stopped caring about the essence of the franchise, main plot or vision they once had when they created the IP. IMO the game could have been a great trilogy, but now it made me think of Ubisoft a synonym of repetitiveness, lack of quality and dedication. It has no soul anymore. That's why I love ND, they really care and make an effort to bringing quality and cohesiveness to their ideas and overall vision of their games, without thinking twice about ditching great ideas or "fun and working mechanics" if it involves conflicting with the game's essence.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (194 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Aug 12, 2013

I agree it was a really good game. To play devils advocate though, how exactly did TLOU "revolutionise" gaming? Telling a good story is not exactly a new thing, it's just something a lot of game developers skip out on. 

Game-play wise there was nothing new here. SP is still your standard 3rd person stealth/cover shooter. Adding in good AI doesn't change that.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (179 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Aug 12, 2013

As others have pointed out, TLOU probably won't revolutionize gaming because odds are other devs won't follow suit.

TLOU is only telling a story maybe, but it's a good one, and it's special in that I've never been that immersed in any other game. I was never as emotionally invovled in the well-being of my digital characters. I had never cared so much about succeeding in a game.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (167 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 12, 2013

It's funny, on my way to the end of the game, I accidentally read some spoilers in a forum that had nothing to do with the game, I was so upset that I didn't come back to that forum ever again, then I rewatched a certain cutscene for some reason on Youtube. To my surprise (not), the first comment I read was a huge spoiler. To this point I was dissapointed and totally heart broken, because it was a very tragic (but I don't know, somehow fitting to the depressing storyline) ending. Turns out this wasn't the true ending.

Spoiler

It was about Joel and Ellie finally reaching the hospital only to find out that the governement was at this moment bombing nearby cities, and they just stayed there waiting for their turn until the last nuclear bomb hit them where they were, ending their journey.

I was depressed to hear that, that the only thing I wanted to do was get back home on the next weekend so I could finish up the game, cry in a corner and get over it fast.

I tried to convince myself hard that this wasn't the true ending but it made perfect sense to me at that point, especially because of the comic book you pick up when walking on the vent pipes on top of the streaming water just before you fall inside the bus, in the tunnel. The comic was about the two protagonists crashing something while carrying a bomb in the spaceship, so I was pretty sold out on the end and very much prepared for it.

What I'm trying to say, is that this game did a great job of delivering believable characters which had very real like relationships and dialogue, which was incredibly immersive and refreshing to experience. To me this was a great novel like game and I loved it.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (157 Views)
Last Guardian
13193 posts

Aug 12, 2013

The Last of Us is a great game but greatest game ever? Eh. Imo it's too linear. Great game no doubt but could have been better. I'm looking forward to the sequel, prequel, whatever.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (121 Views)
0 Likes